Chapter 55

3 Months Later

Mikaela

"Who's the prettiest Baby in all the world? Who is?" Dawn cooed at Abrianna as I filled up her bath basin.

"My godbaby Brie Brie is!" She said excitedly as Abrianna gave her that all gum smile, causing us both to smile back

It had been 3 months since she was born, and I was so in love with my baby I couldn't comprehend it.

"Could you grab her rubber ducky on the shelf for me D? I asked Dawn, as I placed the basin under the tap to fill it up.

Dawn went over to get the toy as I play- nibbled on Brie's shoulder. She started up those happy giggles. That indeed she was, happy. Such a calm and collected baby, but always smiling whenever we interacted with her.

We heard the door open and shut as Dawn closed the tap and placed the basin on the counter.

"That must be your Daddy," I cooed to Brie

"We in hea nigga!" Dawn yelled out the bathroom door, while I proceeded to undress Abrianna.

August and I weren't together, but were co-parenting. I gave him a key since he always came to Miami every chance he got, be it a week or an hour inbetween flights. He was definitely devoted to his daughter, but we never discussed us...think we knew our issues were too deeply rooted.

" Brie Babeh? You in hea?!" His voice came around the corner saying as Brie began bouncing in the water.

I think she loved it when August spoke to her in his deep New Orleans accent.

He peaked into the bathroom, as Brie really got excited at seeing him. She bounced around as I held her up in the water and squealed at August's sight.

"Hey babygirl," he said as he leaned and placed kisses on her cheeks. She stretched her arms holding onto him in all her excitement

"Here she goes getting all turnt over this nigga," Dawn said shaking her head.

"Don't be jealous cause ma Babeh missed me," he said to Dawn still smiling down at Abrianna

I chuckled as I stared at my daughter, " there she goes with that little infectious smile"

"Yeah...August's signature smile." Dawn began, "couldn't you just have given her that fool? Had to let my godbaby take that long ass chin of yours too"

August stale faced Dawn, " don't you got some clothes or some shit to fold at ya boutique?"

She sucked her teeth, " byeeee baby!" She waved at Brie before telling me she was heading home

I walked her out before making my way back to August and Abrianna. I leaned on the door frame and watched as he gave her her bath. I loved watching them interact.

My phone rang interrupting me.

"Oh hey Chyna...yeah, sure. Just email me the contact info and I'll call them in the morning.....okay, bye girl" I said ending my convo

"Was that Blac Chyna?" August asked as he rinsed off Brie, who was nibbling on her rubber duck.

"Yeah. I'm planning her son Cairo's birthday party, " I explained to him as I grabbed Brie's towel for him

He looked at me, " so you're doin' children parties now?"

I smiled softly, " yeah. I thought about the suggestion you made that I should give it a try...and after having Abrianna I decided it would be a great addition to my business....kinda like she was to my own life"