Chapter 6

"Damn girl, slow down. The food is not going nowhere!" Dawn semi whispered to me.

We were at a restaurant having lunch and catching up during our break.

"Im just really hungry," I said taking another bite of my steakhouse burger.

She frowned at me. "You been eating a lot lately. "

I gave her a stale face, " so?"

"I dont know...you usually cant finish a burger and fries....and here you are with that plus a large smoothie and a serving of refried beans on the side" she looked at me suspiciously

"Have you been peeing often?" She asked.

I stopped drinking and sat my glass down on the table. "I know where this is going, and no im not pregnant so dont even think about it"

She still looked at me suspiciously. "When the last time you had sex?"

" not entertaining this convo," I said finishing up my refried beans.

"Aight fine," she said raising her hands up in defense.

*************

A few days later

"So kev, you want the cabana closer to the pool right? "

I was at the office with Kevin Hart, putting the final pieces together on his family get together for him and his new fiancee.

"Yeah yeah...so if anybody's ass takes my seat I can run into that bitch and splash all of them," he joked.

I was midway through my laugh, when I felt it.

"Kev give me a minute would ya?" I said

He fanned me off as I made my way to the bathroom down the hall. I needed to pee so badly.

A few minutes later I rejoined him in my office.

"Miky, what kinda champagne we getting again?" He asked me while removing the phone frm his ear.

"Tell Neeky I know what she likes, and I got her," I replied knowing it was his fiancee Eneeko on the line.

He chuckled, " you heard the woman. Now gwan frm here mi yute!" He said to her, trying to imitate her jamaican slangs.

I laughed, " worst attempt thus far," I said shaking my head as he ended his call

We were going over his guest list an hour later and I felt I needed to pee again.

"Uhh kev, ill be back in a second, " I said before waltzing out of the room.

I came back in and kevin said, " you know we aint business partners or none of that. If your ass going to pee just say so girl!"

I laughed, " my badness"

"And what wrong with you anyways? You got that irritable bladder syndrome? Peeing so damn often,"  he snickered at his own words

I side eyed him, " whatever. Im not talking bout my bladder with you of all people! Next thing I know you doing stand up comedy on behalf of me,"

We both laughed, until I thought about it and stopped. I looked down at my watch and thought back on how many times I peed for the day.

Four times.

"You aight miky?" Kevin asked when he noticed my blank expression

I nodded, " yeah ...kev I gotta do something urgently. Can I text you the final plans and cost?"

"Yeah sure,"  he said indicating it was no problem.

*************

I bolted out of my office, speedwalking to the pharmacy around the corner. My heart was a million times faster as I headed for the home pregnancy test section