Chapter 48

That Saturday
Mikaela

I exhaled slowly as we drove up August's driveway. Lonnie had given me a ride since Dawn had a hangover from partying the night before.

"Let me help you up the steps," Lonnie said unbuckling her seat belt and getting out of her truck.

"It's only like 3 steps Lonnie, " I chuckled as she took my hand so I could stand up

"Yeah and you big. This your what?" She asked as we walked

"7th month," I replied watching my step.

I texted August that I was on his doorstep since the house was so big...more than likely he wouldn't hear his doorbell.

A few seconds later, I heard the door unlocking as he peered out with his signature smile at us.

"Aight. Delivery successful. Imma catch you later Miky," Lonnie said before giving August a quick head nod.

"Good ta see you on time," August said as he closed the door behind me.

"Yeah. You kinda lucky, Lonnie has to get to work so I had to be in order to get a ride here," I said to him as I waddled to the living room

"You need somethin? A drink or anything?" He questioned

I shook my head, "I'm good....just waiting on whatever it is you wanted to talk about"

I looked up at August as he gripped the collar of his shirt and fanned himself with it.
"Yeah Imma get to that. In hea just seems ta be hot as a muufucker. Let's go out on da deck, get some fresh air" he replied stretching his hands out to help me up....since I had just sit down

I sighed, " you could just turn on the a.c you know" I told him but took both his hands.

I followed him through the kitchen and out to the French doors, onto the deck but then stopped in my tracks.

"Uhh August, did Travis move Tima's baby shower from Houston to your house?" I asked him as I looked down onto the backyard

He chuckled, as everyone came out and shouted surprise to me

"Nahh...this hea' is your shower" he responded as everyone smiled on.

My eyes wandered about as I noticed that all of my ideas for Travis' girlfriend surprise shower was done to a T.

The pink and white table settings with the pink balloons strung inbetween, the cake I had discussed with trav...and my all time favorite...the mother to be's table with the chandelier - like umbrella that hung above it with crystal accents.

I playfully punched August, " I can't believe you tricked me into planning my own shower"

Everyone laughed at us

"Ya like it? I thought da best way to plan for da best party - planner was fa them to give you all their ideas," he said to me still smiling

"I love it," I told him as everyone came up closer to us.

The usual people were there. Big T, Sneak, knuck and kyanne, Travis and Dj Era. As well as lying ass Dawn and Lonnie.

"I'll deal with you two later," I pointed my finger in warning at them before Dawn hugged me

Surprisingly, August's mother Sheila was there. I gave her a half smile as she threw me a fake one. Then towards the corner I saw them.....my mother and my sister Tammy were here!

I gasped as I looked from them to August, before they both came up to me and embraced me.
My mother kissed me on the cheek before hugging me some more.