Chapter 9

The following Thursday took forever to arrive. I took the day off since I basically worked for myself. Dawn had refused to be a part of this and didn't come with me so I was on my own.

As I got dressed, I pulled up my jeans and looked down at my belly. I went to a side profile as I ran my fingers along. Could've sworn there was a very tiny, miniature bump. I caught myself smiling and stopped.

"Ok Mikaela,  lets get this over with" I said throwing on a sweater and grabbing my sunglasses and keys to my bmw.

**************************

I sat in the prep room thinking about a million things. I was nervous because I knew how this abortion thing worked. Dawn didn't lie, back in high school we did a debate and I researched all the ins and outs of abortion. It was scary as fuck. I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves.

"Ok, ms Montgomery,  we're ready for you," dr Xavier said as he and a nurse came into the room. She was wheeling a cart with some medieval execution looking tools on it.

My eyes widened at the sight. Dr Xavier adjusted his gloves on his hands as he reached for a tool.

"Ok just lean back..." he began

"Wait!" I blurted out.

He and the nurse paused and looked at me

"I remember reading a long time ago that by the 9th week the fetus has a heart, and very little lungs" I began. Dr Xavier nodded. I continued.

"That means its no longer just an egg...but a little person.." I began breathing shallow " its no longer an it, but a he or she"

Dr Xavier seemed to be smiling through his mask. "Youre right...and by the 4th month we can tell the sex of he or she"

I looked down at my hands feeling so guilty. "I cant do this,"

Dr Xavier removed his mask and gloves," I know."

I looked up at him confused

"Some people just dont strike me as the type...and you are one of them" he smiled.

I gave him a little smile too. "Im sorry for wasting you all's time"

"No no. Im happy. The scary tools usually do the trick on those who really dont want to go through with it" dr Xavier said with a little chuckle.

***********

I got back into my car and immediately dialed Dawn's number.

"What?" She snapped at me.

"I couldn't do it," I said before she got more angry at me thinking I had the abortion.

"Oh I knew you couldn't!" She said seemingly smiling.

I chuckled,  " you were right. I cant kill an innocent life"

"Yayyy! So I still got a niece or nephew on the way" she said happily

I couldn't go through with it but I still wasnt overly happy about the situation.

"So you know what you gotta do now right?" She asked

"What." I raised an eyebrow

"You gotta get in touch with August and tell him" she replied

***********

Yaysss so she keeping the baby.

And going to tell August as well

Mikaela's outfit in the mm