Chapter 20

"Ok Ms Monty...let me help you in," Big t said stretching his hand out to me.

"What did you call me?" I said taking his hand to help me into August's vehicle.

"Monty...I dont do names. Got a nickname for everyone. So this yours" he said before closing the door shut.

"Ok Terrance " I said not really caring

"Damn. When you gon get over what T did. He was just lookin out fa a nigga you know?" August said putting the keys in the ignition.

I sighed. "I guess you're right, but T really is a beast. If any of those little girls get passed him and to you. Then she deserves a medal or a knighthood or something"

August laughed at what I said. We drove through the city as I took in the view from my window.

"What cities are you dragging me to anyways?" I asked cutting into the silence of the drive.

"Memphis first, then Silver springs MD, New York & Philly last" he said with his eyes on the road

I nodded.

"And what about this Doctor thing?" I asked turning to face him

"Ma team got us one of da top gynecologists in da country....we gon meet him in da morning,  and he'll be flying out at da end to check on ya since we'll be gone for 2 wks." August said while changing the radio station, he stopped once he heard one of his songs.

"Just drank a couple dranks wit a nigga like me, " he sang along.

I side eyed him but giggled at his in-car performance.

"I swear your favorite songs of your own are when you're singing about drinkin, and smoking," I chuckled

"And how would you know dat?" He said glancing over at me

"I dont. To be honest those were the only songs of yours I know...I luv this shit and no love" I admitted

He laughed a little, " well that explains it"

I frowned," explains what?"

He grinned this cheesy grin and shook his head, " nothin"

I side eyed him but didnt ask any further questions.

***********

August had put me up in this fancy hotel for the night.

"Oh shoot I forgot my folic acid tablets," I said as August placed my other bags on the floor.

"Do ya need em right away? Imma head by da studio then could get em at da drugstore...or if its urgent could have Sneak drop em off in a bit" he said about to pull out his phone to most likely call Sneak.

"No no...I need them in the morning so no rush," I assured him

"Aight. Well imma swing by later and drop em off then," he said to me

I nodded and gave him a small smile," no problem"

*********

3 hours later

It was about 9 while I lay there eating pineapples and tuna fish (dont judge me) and watching cnn when my phone vibrated

August: im outside ya door

I scooted off the bed and opened the room door. I shifted to a side to let August step in

"The dude at da store told me this brand was stronger than this one, but the less potent one got fibre innit....so I wasnt sure which to take so just got both," he explained holding up the two bottles of tablets.