Chapter 45

August

I woke up after not gettin a whole Lotta sleep last night with da shit that went down wit Mikaela still on ma mind.

"Aye Goon, " I heard Big T's voice as I spun around rememberin' he had stayed over to see all da folks out last night

"Hey man T, " I said walkin over to where he was sittin on da bar stool.

"So you ready to explain what happened to you and Monty last night?" He said pushin over a cup of coffee ta me.

I sighed and ran a hand through ma hair, befo gettin into da argument.

"Nigga you said that to her??" T looked at me like I had lost ma damn mind

" Yea T, but I didn't mean none of that shit. I was drinkin with that headache I had and  I mean, I ain't tryna make any excuses cause what I said was fucked up but she just kept pressing that Helena leaked our photos shit," I said ta T as I thought  back.

"Yeah she did tell me she thought Hoe- I mean Helena had somethin to do with that mess." Terrance said

I raised an eyebrow, " she told you?"

He nodded.

"And whatchu thought on da matter?" I questioned him, tryna get someone else's input

"Well I ain't ever trusted Helena to tell ya the truth. She seem kinda sneaky and all of that..."

"Yeah but da technician already told me ain't nobody messed with our files on da computer. I just felt she was fixated on blaming her....just like how she blamed da broad fa breaking into her apartment" I said back to T.

"You ever asked her why she was so stuck on Helena?" T asked and I stopped tod think bout what he was sayin

"Naww," I said lowly

"You know chicks say a lot of fowl shit to one another. Back on da road, Helena came asking bout Monty being your party planner when you had already hired someone for that event...kept acting all suspicious of her too" T told me

I frowned, " fa real?"

"Yeah man. I don't know what happened from there but I'm sure it wasn't anything good" he finished

T's phone rang as he took da call and I thought of all what he had said.

I left da kitchen to go get ready to head on over to da studio when I spotted a little gift bag on the end table.

I picked it up realising it was that gift Mikaela wanted ta give me last night.

I opened it up to find an envelope attached to a black box. Inside was a bomb ass Audemars Piguet limited edition watch.

To August

Edward Auguste Piguet believed that he could develop his craft...and he did so by always using the drive and passion that first lead him to watchmaking.  For that is the way to mastering something.

He kinda reminds me of you. For one. His middle name is basically the French version of yours. And secondly,  I see that drive for mastery....in your artistry and craft that is your music.

I'm happier to know this english version of "Auguste" quite frankly; because although Mr.Piguet mastered his art, he had to do so with the help of  Mr.Audemars. You however, you're managing to master this music thing all by your damn self lol.

Congratulations!
From Mikaela (& co)

I smiled as I completed reading da letter, but that quickly faded away. I picked up ma iphone and called Mikaela's number for da fourth time this mornin' but to no answer like befo'.