Chapter 31

Mikaela

I woke up the following day still under the weather but felt slightly more comfortable that August was around.

"Hey ma, you want french toast or pancakes?" I heard August ask as I entered the kitchen.

"Mmm neither, me and the girls are feeling  for some smoked sausage links with scrambled eggs," I said patting my tummy at the thought of how good that would taste.

He chuckled. " I gotchu" he said before heading for the fridge.

"By da way I booked you a little spa day....ya know, to get ya outta dis house" he said closing the fridge door with his foot.

I frowned, " wait. Dr. Young said I should avoid travelling of all types for the time being. How far is this spa?"

"Close enough," he said giving me a sly smile as he poured a glass of milk.

" Well okay," I said still skeptical.

"T gon drop ya off in about an hour, " he said as he began cracking the eggs.

"You know you don't have to do this August, " I began but he cut me off

"I know but I want to....for ma little Arielle  & Alaina?" He said raising his brows hoping for my approval

I set the glass of milk down and shook my head, " Uh uh...I don't like those names"

He smacked his lips, "ya know we gon have to choose a couple names soon"

"Yeah I know...but as you said WE have to choose. Not just you" I said back to him.

He let out a sigh as he placed my food on the plate, " I think dey cute"

I stale faced him, " yeah but why they both gotta start with an A?"

"Because it rolls of da tongue wit dey last name better...just like dey pops" he said smugly

I rolled my eyes, " what's wrong with names that start with an M?"

"No offense, but most girl names that start with an M sound old as shit," he answered

I scoffed.

"Think about it. Marjorie, Martha...Mabel" he began listing with this look on his face like it hurt to say those names.

I giggled, " yeah cause you're thinking of old names...Mikaela doesn't sound old school"

"No, but as I said, da A's roll off ya tongue better," he said before biting into a sausage.

"Well we are having two babies...least we can do is pick names for one baby each, then try to agree on whatever we each choose, " I said trying to think of some way rational.

He thought for a minute before he nodded in agreement, " aight. You got Baby A and Imma think of my Alaina Alsina's middle name"

I scoffed again, "please don't think of seriously naming our child that"

"And why not?"

"Cause Alaina is wayyy too close to Helena. Next thing I know one of my daughter's is a thirst bucket over some nigga" I replied

August laughed hard, " 1. You really hate Helena huh? And 2. Ain't no baby of mine turning into a thot"

"Oh so you do admit she's a thot?!" I chuckled, at his words.

He smirked and shook his head at me, " How bout you finish eatin so you can go get ready?" He answered before taking his empty plate and glass to the sink.