The couch- 7

I absolutely hate the feeling of waking up in the morning. Some days I wish I never even went to sleep in the first place. I feel lightheaded as I attempt to sit up, knowing I have to take my iron pill soon. Something stops me though

A sloppy arm is thrown around me right now. But it's stiff enough to not let me rise. I groan. This is horrible, I mean not because of the arm. I just have a crushing headache and can feel my heart rate rise. I hate being anemic it's absolutely a torture.

I look over and conveniently see ibuprofen and a used water bottle and slide an arm out of the right grip. My vision is blurred from my rising migraine and light head, I don't even know who's next to me. I don't really care though.

As I lift my arm out successfully, the single arm becomes two, the other snaking under me, pulling me closer in protest to my slight movement. I'm not giving up though. My brains too clouded to think straight so I need this.

I grab the pill and the water and chug spilling a little because I'm not paying attention. As soon as I'm done I settle back down get comfy and fall asleep again. Before I do, I panic and recognize the room I'm in. Holy shit, what the hell am I doing in clays room, and his bed?

My eyes trail up the arm that's around me, I already know who it is because of the rubber bracket around his wrist.

I feel Clay shift beside of me and I quickly close my eyes so he's not embarrassed if he wakes up. I know I'd be, I can't even remember how we got here.

•••
10 hours earlier

We are on our way back to my home, patches finally back in my arms. I'm immediately switching vets after we get home. They couldn't even figure out who the dude was, how stupid.

I look over and see patches curled up in Ardens arms and I let out a very quiet exhale of relief. 'Almost home' I think not realizing my mouth moved with my words.

"I'm so tired I'm gonna take a nap on your couch when we get there" Arden says with a yawn.

"No you can sleep in my bed, the couch is kinda annoying to sleep on. I'll just be cleaning or something." She lets out a quiet 'ok' before she yawns again. I pull into my driveway and put the car in park. Immediately Arden gets out with patches in her arms and unlocks my door with the passcode.

I see she still has patches with her as she runs too my room throwing herself under the covers. I'll admit, she's pretty cute. I walk back there and see her under the covers, it's now 10pm and I realize I need to do some stuff.

My night routine is as follows:
Eat leftovers, clean kitchen, tidy living room, brush teeth, change in the bathroom, get in the bed with Ard-

Wait.

Im in the bed with Arden.

I shake it off, being too tired to care at this point. Besides she's on the other side, it's not like we're gonna touch at any point. Right?

•••
Present

I wake up with an unfamiliar feeling around me. My legs tangled with someone else's, my head rested on someone, and my arms wrapped around this same person. Holy shit. Arden is this person that I'm entangled in.

I slowly slip away, trying to not wake her up. Wow, she's a deep sleeper. I quickly grab a pillow and a blanket and head to the living room. I set up the couch to look like someone had slept there. I'm doing this so she won't be embarrassed, I know I'd be.

I lay down and quickly close my eyes, hearing her walk down the steps. I slowly stretch to make it seem like I'd just woke up.

"Did you sleep good?" She asks with a small smile.

"Yeah I did the couch isn't as annoying as I thought it used to be." I said returning her contagious smile she always had.

"Yeah? Well you left your phone charging upstairs and your shirt" she smirks handing me both. Shit. I hope she doesn't know.

"I guess I forgot. I changed upstairs last night." She responds with a slight 'mhm' walking into the kitchen.

"Are you doing anything today?"

"Yeah I'm gonna have to go back to my place, you probably won't see me for the next couple of days. I have a gig in Miami." She says with a sight smile, trying to not seem upset.

"Ok, just give me a hug before you go." I stand up and engulf her into a huge hug. Still in the same position, I notice I still don't have my shirt on. Oh my god I'm so embarrassed.

"Bye clay." She says as opens the door with a small wave that I return.

This morning I have learned a couple of things. One, Ardens hair smells like my laundry detergent. Two, I may have feelings for the girl.

A/⋏

So ahhhhhh.

No drama this chapter. Also I forgot I programmed enderman language into my phone so everytime I typed I it showed the language it's like that with every letter ⏚. 😜