Yes - (epilogue)

The final chapter of this book... 💔

•••

"I'm literally freaking out," not just freaking out, hyperventilating.

Through my mild panic attack I hear Drista on the phone, talking to the person I just got off of the phone with.

"What do you mean the priest bailed, the wedding is literally in two hours!" She tells over the phone. I faintly hear the person on the phone say, "im so sorry ma'am, he had a family emergency," not wanting to argue any more she pressed the red 'end call' button.

"Let me get Nick in here," I struggle to grasp my phone and dial his number, shaking a little.

"Nick please come in here, yes we are all dressed, yes I know but there's a problem," I can hear shuffling on his side, talking, and then he hangs up.

"What do you mean a problem?" He bursts through the door.

"Yes a problem," Drista speaks for me, partly because I'm getting my makeup done and don't want to mess it up.

He looks over to her waiting for her to continue, "the priest bailed, and there are none in the area," nicks eyes go wide, looking back to me to search my face.

"What? There is no problem here. I literally told you we got a backup just in case," we both look at him with the most confusion on our faces we had.

"Do you guys literally never listen to me?" He looks back and fourth to us, me turning my head away.

"You know I love you Nick," I speak up as she finishes up my makeup.

"Fine I'll call him now, crisis averted," he sighs as he walks out of the room.

"I should definitely listen to him more," me and Drista both laugh at ourselves, glad we called Nick.

Makeup finally done, I call in the rest of my bridesmaids.

That list including, my maid of honor, Drista, Luna, Emma, Niki, and my cousin Maliyah. All I'm extremely close with, it was definitely not a struggle to pick out this list, but it was a struggle to pick out my maid of honor.

"You all look so gorgeous, how did I get so many pretty friends," I say joining them in a group hug.

"Alright lets fucking get ready!" Luna shouts over all of the commotion. Following up with some 'hell yeahs'.

My dress was fucking beautiful to say the least, me, Karl, Clays mom, and Drista went to pick it out. I chose Karl because well, style.

It was a simple style, with long sleeves. It's main course was lace, the fabric covering the entire dress. It was to put it short, my dream dress, something you would see in Hollywood.

The photographer got a few shots of Drista and Clays mom helping me put on, and zip up my dress. Clays mom would be the one walking me down the isle, because well my parents still aren't in the picture and neither is Clays dad.

It's perfectly fine though, I wouldn't want it either way.

"Are we ready?" Luna calls to me. I give her a thumbs up and finish putting on my heels.

I can faintly hear the piano music from inside the chapel, and I'm super excited, we got the isle walk song specialized to the tune of You and I by one direction.

It was to put it, our song.

I link arms with Clays mom, no words are said, but she is shedding tears.

I nod at her as I hear a change in music, and the doors to the chapel opening.

I look up to see everyone standing and looking at me, I have to force my legs to move. They are basically glued to the carpet below me.

Clay is nervously looking around, swaying in place, loosening his tie, until he makes eye contact with me.

As soon as he does, I smile, and do a little wave. He just melts, and starts to break down into tears.

I look to the side of him, Nick, George, Karl, and Alex all standing firmly by his side.

Then I look to my side, Drista, Luna, Emma, and Maliyah.

Before I know it, I'm standing, and looking through my veil at Clay. After instruction, he lifts the fabric over my head, fully revealing my face to him.

His face turns a dark crimson shade, as tears steadily flow from his face. This causes me to also blush, it's amazing he can still do this to me after so many years.

After staring at each other, repeating words from the priest, And getting through our vows without breaking down in tears, it was finally time.

"Do you, Clay Johnson, take Arden Rosewood to be your lawfully wedded wife?" The priest says monotony.

He takes a second to compose himself before giving an, "I do," he laughs a little after, not believing reality right now.

The priest turns to me, "and do you Arden Rosewood, take Clay Johnson to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

I give an immediate, "hell yeah," which earns some laughs from the crowd.

"By the power invested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride," Clay looks to the priest, who gives him a knowing nod.

Then Clay turns to me, and I grab his face and smash my lips into him, not wanting to wait a minute later.

It felt like a movie scene, everyone standing and clapping, as I kiss my one and only true love on our wedding day.

After a couple seconds, we pull apart and he rests his forehead on mine.

"I love you so much," he smile and tucks my framing hair pieces behind my ear.

"Yeah, you could say something like that," I chuckle and pull him in for a second kiss.

An

Very cliche chapter I know. At least she didn't wear converse with her dress 🤨

on a real note, this book is over, I feel sad parting with it, but it must come to an end.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!

My new book, CALL BACK is out!! And it's a spanap story gogogo read it pls!!