Moving - 20

After Christmas, the only goodbye we gave was an apology. His mom eventually accepted it, because she didn't want us to leave on bad terms.

Im just glad I convinced her to not punish Drista in any way because of our choices. Drista thanked me for that one.

But it was finally December 27th. Waking up at 12pm wasn't ideal, but I made it work. We decided on moving Clays things today, then my things before Sapnap gets here. I'm honestly so excited.

But at the same time, I feel like I'm over staying my invite. I know clay asked me, it's not like I invited myself, but I also feel like Sapnap would just want it to be him and Clay. Deep down I think clay feels the same way.

I step out of my room, where clay is in the bathroom. He stayed here since his bed was already packed in the rented truck.

I go into the living room and pull out my phone FaceTiming Sapnap. He answers after a couple of rings.

"Hey! How's moving going so far?" He speaks cheerfully. I smile at him and give him the truth.

"Well, I woke up 30 minutes ago and Clay is in the shower, the truck is ready to go but I don't know when we are leaving." He just nods his head, it looks like he's in a kitchen of some sort. Grabbing things from a single cabinet standing on its own.

"Well actually I called because, well I'm having doubts," he stops and turns around furrowing his eyebrows at me sound a 'what?'.

"No I mean I want to move with you guys, but at the same time I feel like it should just be you two. I mean, you guys are best friends, I feel like if I come too you and Clay are gonna have no time together. I mean of course I want you too have ti-" he cuts me off with a very loud sigh.

"Arden what the fuck. I mean seriously, you can't put yourself down like that. I would've told clay to not ask you if I didn't want you to move. Yes I was the one who told clay to ask you. Although i think he was already planning on it," he looks up like he's thinking. I just laugh it off and think as well.

"Well I guess you're right," he responds with an 'I'm always right' response variant.

"Are you sure I have everything? It would help to check just one more time," he turns towards his place, but I stop him before he can walk anywhere.

"You have gotten everything, and I think that if you didn't you would've found it three round checks ago." He just looks at me and nods.

We both get in the truck, with him driving. We rented it out for 3 days, today for clay, then the next  two for my stuff, since I'm also bringing the furniture.

We set out on our small road trip, and luckily the truck has a Bluetooth radio. I connect my phone and take clays hand on the middle console as I choose the music.

•••

I don't know what I was expecting with the house but it definitely wasn't this. To put it short it was.. beautiful. It had more of a modern style mixed with boho.

With a box in my hand, I follow Clay to our room. We all decided that since me and Him were sharing, we'd get the master. Now my parents weren't the fanciest, and neither am I, so this was different. Different in the best way possible.