Birthday - 14

I awake to a sight I'll never get over, no matter how many times we wake up like this. The sun highlights his beautiful features, and I have no choice but to stare.

He shifts in his sleep and catches my glance. Instead of making a usual snarky comment he just smiles and makes us both sit up.

"What's on the agenda today?" I say groggily as my voice comes in and out from my tired state.

"Arden, did you literally forget it's your birthday?" And with that I jolt up and dart out of bed. He sees what I am trying to do. He runs after me.

Yesterday he promised that, since I had admitted I've never been seriously tickled before, tickling me would be my first birthday surprise.

I'm almost made it to my shoes when he pulls me in by my waist and throws me over his shoulder. He runs back to our original setting and throws me onto the bed.

In an attempt, I guard my body by curling up and throwing my hands in front of my face. He just chuckles at my weak attempt and lunges forward.

I always thought people were being stupid when the said they hated being tickled, but the also enjoyed the feeling. And I was right.

I absolutely hated ever part of it, I hated how I couldn't stop laughing. The feeling that came with it made me want to cry.

But I guess you could say, him pulling me into the tightest hug I've ever felt was worth it. And that's what he did right after he stopped.

"That absolutely made me wanna cry," and then we just laid there for a minute, relishing in each other's soft breath.

Suddenly he jumps up, scaring me a little. He then walks out of the room without saying anything. And of course me being me, I follow him.

"And you say I'm the clingy one," I just roll my eyes. I see him walk over to the stove and turn the burner on. For some reason he already had batter made, so all he had to do was heat the pancakes.

As he was cooking I took it in my own hands to show him affection. I came up behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso. The way I could feel his back muscles move around when he moved calmed me a little. And I would've fallen asleep if he didn't turn around and guide me to the table.

"Breakfast is served," he pulled out his fancy accent for that one. I just thanked him and he sat next to me. We both sat in silence, though the atmosphere was comfortable.

I decide I don't like the quietness and get up to turn on the speakers in the living room, specifically designed for these types of situations.

Mind of matter by young the giant

I turn around to go back to the table, but clay is waiting for me. Waiting to dance. Of course I accept. My head is laid against his chest as I hear him sing the lyrics.

"Cause I'm a young man after all
And when the seasons change
Will you stand by me?
Cause I'm a young man built to fall
Mind over matter"

I smile to myself. I wouldn't want my life to be any different than it is right now. Sure I still have unresolved issues I need to fix, but right now I just wanna live in this moment with him.