Saying - 23

After two long weeks of constant streaming and screaming, today would be the last full day we are all together.

It's really sad, I can tell the atmosphere this morning has significantly shifted. It was my turn to make breakfast, so I made pancakes. Everyone slowly joins me in the kitchen, as they wake up one by one.

One of the good outcomes of this trip, We all definitely got closer.

So here we are, with everyone sitting around the island, talking and getting comfortable. And with me just finishing the last stack.

Everyone takes their respectable seats, and start chowing down. Probably trying to drown out the feeling that's settling in all of our guts.

They're leaving tomorrow.

It's definitely a... heavy feeling. I'm just glad I'll be here after to help Nick and Clay cope. I know someone that's going to be very clingy after they leave. Well, I know two people that are going to be very clingy after they leave.

I'm gonna suffocate by the end of next week, but I'll be happy about it. I thought it was my best decision to move, and it's proving itself to be truer and truer every day.

"So," Karl takes a short pause, fiddling with his hands, "what's on the agenda today?" He looks around at all of our faces, half of our mouths stuffed with pancakes.

"Well considering it's literally about to storm so hard the lights will cut off, I think we should start a movie?" Nick starts, and sure enough we all turn to look outside, to see just about the darkest cloud there could be.

"I say we watch an old cringey 2000s Disney movie," I watch as George shrugs his shoulders as he talks.

At just about the same time me and Clay shout, "FRENIMIES," and everyone turns to look at us with confusion.

"Now what the hell is that?" Alex speaks from the sink where he's all of a sudden rinsing his dish.

"Only the most cringe movie I could think of. It has like- fifteen different plots that all tie together in the end," everyone looks around at each other, and I search everyone's face to get a hint of what they're thinking.

"Ok fine, but I'm picking out the next one," George says as he sprints towards the most comfortable couch, with Alex jumping right of him right after.

"Jesus Alex you're going to knock my back out of socket," I roll my eyes at the comment as Clay leads me to the recliner, right onto his lap. Of course Karl and Nick follow suit right after on the loveseat.

I search up the name on kodi, an illegal streaming service, but we don't have to tell anyone about that.  I click the first option and go with it.

All throughout the movie, George and Alex wouldn't stop asking questions. I was actually starting to get annoyed, until I remembered who they were and just brushed it off.

"WHY THE FUCK IS SHE BEING SO MEAN TO THE DOG? POOR GUY JUST WANTS HIS OWNER!" Nick practically screams at the tv causing me to pause the movie, and make us sit in complete silence for about ten seconds.

"Ok, I'm good now," he says extremely quieter now, and I unpause the movie.

The movie just ended, and at a perfect time too, because right when the credits roll, thunder cracks. Then ten seconds later we are in complete darkness besides the light coming from outside.

"Well shit."

•••

2:34 pm

It's been an hour since the power went out. I'm literally dying. It is so humid in the house right now, with no AC, we have no source of cold. Making it around 89 degrees.

I excused myself from the living room to go up to Clays and my shared room. I lock the door, then quickly strip into just my underwear and bra. It's not much better but it's something.

About five minutes later I hear a knock at the door, "It's Clay," he says from the other side. I quickly get up and open the door but stay behind it incase anyone else is with him.

He walks in and does the same thing as me, so I close the door and lock it. He goes to one side of the bed and spreads out on it, and I do the same.

Good lord, is it just me or did it get even hotter in here.

I turn my head to look at him, to see he's already looking at me. I smile and lean forward to kiss him, with him doing the same. Our mouths meet, and even though I can feel the heat radiating off of his body, I'm still appreciative of his affection.

After we separate I sit up for just a second, tie up my hair and then lay down. I figure, why not take a nap, it'll probably just be five minutes or something.

Turns out it was not just five minutes.

I wake up around 5:30 to the lights back on, and see that I'm fully dressed. What a man, am I right?

I get up and walk downstairs, and surprisingly see Nick making dinner. Huh, didn't know he could do that.

I walk over to the island where the rest are sitting, "well look at what princess is finally awake," Karl says as he giggles. I'm too tired to be mean so I laugh with him.

Besides who can be mean to Karl?

"Dinner is served," Nick says with an attempted British accent, that literally pierced my ears.

"Please stop while you're ahead," George says monotony, "but thank you for the meal," and everyone else respond with thank you variants that usually end in horrible accents.

Jesus I'm gonna miss these guys when they're gone. Well except for Nick and Clay, I don't think I'll ever be able to get rid of them. Well I hope I won't ever have to get rid of them.

"Sorry this day was a waste you guys, I know it's like your last day too. That really sucks." Clay speaks up through his meal. I put my hand on his back and rub it up and down to comfort him. He still however looks down to his lap.

"Fuck, guys I'm really gonna miss this," Nick speaks after clearing his throat.

"Yeah, I don't know whenever our schedules are ever gonna line up like this again," Alex speaks up a little tinier than his usual self.

"Once every blue moon," George says which earns a small laugh from everyone.

"Group hug," Karl basically shouts, and so we all get up from our seats, slowly shuffling towards each other.

As soon as it hits all of us, I can feel the hug getting tighter and more relaxed.

I think I might sob my eyes out tomorrow.