Proposition - (epilogue)

I just want to say that was it for the regular chapters... 💔 the chapters you see now are epilogues. They are apart of the plot, however they are just what happen after the original story.

This is probably my favorite chapter ever btw

(Thank you SO much for 1k reads <3)
(Quick Authors note)

July 31st, 2022 8:38 AM

I wake up to an empty bed. A not so great feeling, but I shrug it aside. Clay is probably just working or eating.

Though, when I check his office and the kitchen, he's no where to be found. Huh, he usually wouldn't even be up around this time, let alone going places.

But I am met with a familiar face when I walk into the kitchen, George.

"Sup Arden," George says. I almost wince at his voice. Right now it's in this awkward transition stage, choosing to be British sometimes, or this horrible southern accent that sounds scratchy. It first happened after two or three months of him living here. Right now, his vocal chords are choosing the worser of the two.

"Hey George, you know where Clay is?" I look from the clock on the stove to him. I barely catch his eyes widen a little before he says a no and walks away awkwardly.

I'm too tired for this. I decide that breakfast is calling me from the gas station five minutes away. The breakfast in question being a Java Monster.

Before George makes it to his room I holler at him, "George do you want a drink from the gas station?" He nods yes, and I assume it's what he usually gets.
A half and half Arnold Palmer.

I walk out of the door, groaning when I see my car is blocked in by the others. Whatever I'll just take Nicks car.

I walk back inside, and take the trip to his room. Knocking on his door, it takes a couple of seconds to get a response.

"Nick can I take your car to the gas station? Mine is blocked in," I know he'll say yes, but I just wanna make sure.

"Uh, no. Sorry I need it for Uh, later today," that's definitely weird. He usually never says no, but it is his car. Whatever I can just make coffee here, besides the only other car that is free is Clays, and he is no where to be found.

Grinding my beans, and turning on the kettle, I prepare the French press. It's my favorite form of coffee I can get at home. There's just something about it.

Clays POV

I'm tapping my foot on the floorboard of the car. I'm really nervous for today, and it doesn't calm my nerves at all when I receive a text from Nick.

Nick 🐼
Dude she asked to use my car and I panicked and said I had to use it later today. She's definitely sus of something.

Clay 😴
Literally the only thing I need for you and George to do is make sure she doesn't leave the house, and that she 'gets fancy for pictures'
remember I'm coming back at two. She better be dressed up by then.

Nick 🐼
I promise I won't let her leave. I was just saying she's sus. I will try my hardest to get her all dolled up for ya 😤