4- The Dream

| This chapter contains cussing |

-Blaza POV-

"Ugef? Uh?" I said, waking up.

Socks had his leg over mine and had his arms wrapped around me. I wished we could do this as more than friends. I had had a crush on the spaceman for years now but every time I tried to tell him, I wimped out.

Then I realized why I woke up. I thought I saw a head from out the window. Who the hell would be up this late?

"Socks. Socks?" I said, shaking him.

"Hmm? Wh- what's up Blaza?" He asked sleepily.

"I think I saw a face out the window." I replied.

That woke him up. He sat up then asked "Who could it be? Dino's the only other one who knows about this base and he wouldn't be sneaking around."

"I don't know but we could get up and look for them." I suggested.

"I'll get the flashlights." He said.

We kept flashlights in the chests in each shelter in case the power went out. Or this happened. He got us each one of the flashlights.

"I'll check the garage, you check the runway. Meet back up here in 15 minutes." He directed.

"Ok."

We ran out and turned on our flashlights. We nodded to each other then went our separate ways.

I checked the runway. Nothing. I still had 10 minutes so I decided to explore the forest perimeter. As I was climbing the wall I saw a distant fire burning in the village. I assumed it was Muffinjuice because well... Muffin.

I saw footprints. And lots of them. Just as I was about to follow them about 15 mobs started running after me. I only recognized what a few were and the rest were strange to me. I'd probably end up studying on them later to find out easy ways to kill them. Although we had about 6 stacks of iron, Socks and I hadn't gotten around to making iron armor and tools so I had no armor, no food, and a stone axe. I managed to kill about 3 mobs before, 1 a lot more came, 2 I was on half a heart and with no food to eat.

Ok fuck. Run for my life.

I ran to the wall and barely made it over. I had to get back to Socks. It had been 30 minutes, double the time we were supposed to take, he was going to be worried.

About 5 minutes later I had made it back. Socks ran over, put his hands on my shoulders and asked, "Are you ok?!"

"Half.... A.. heart..." I huffed.

He handed me steak. We both chuckled. Even though it was kinda cruel to Meme, we still found it funny that he wouldn't allow us to eat beef just because his wife was a cow. I ate it and I saw my health bar fill back up.

"What happened? You were really late too." He asked.

"I still had time after I checked the runway so I decided to check the perimeter. I saw a fire in the village so I assume Muffin's staying there. I also saw footprints right outside of the wall. I wanted to follow them but a ton of mobs started attacking me. Did you find anything?" I explained.

"Nope. Guess we'll have to do a more thorough check in the morning." He sighed and we went back to bed.

-Dino POV-

They know. They've seen us. I had seen lights, probably flashlights, at the military base. So Socks and Blaza had at least seen a glimpse of us, and were out looking for us. I don't think they saw Woolf, otherwise they probably would have gone to Memegod. Unless they tried to go out but the mobs overwhelmed them...

I couldn't sleep so I had looked out at the bases when I saw the lights and laid back down. I didn't want to risk our safety in case either of them were looking our direction. 

It was so weird. I was used to sleeping in much more uncomfortable areas when I stayed out on my own, but I couldn't sleep now. So much had happened today and I just wanted a hug.

I don't give a fuck anymore.

I crawled over to Woolf and wrapped my arms around him.

"Hmm oob uhf?" He mumbled sleepily.

"Shhh. Just sleep." I whispered.

He turned to face me, eyes closed. He put his hands on my chest, fidgeted for a few seconds, then fell back asleep. He was so warm, and after being the one furthest from the fire, I was really cold and it felt amazing. And I fell asleep in seconds.

-Meme POV-

Everything was black except...

"Do you blame yourself?" Wictoria asked. (I can't help myself :) )

"...What?" I asked.

"Well it's quite common in this situation for a patient to feel a kind of... guilt."

"What situation?"

"The accident."

It all came back to me. The wedding. Oh no. Oh no oh no no no no no! I started crying all over again.

"This isn't the way to do this. Throwing your friends in jail with no evidence will only turn them against you." She said.

"IT WAS OBVIOUSLY WOOLF!" I yelled.

She looked shocked. Then really sad.

"Rethink your choices. You'll only end up sad and lonely if you continue this." She said.

"I ALREADY AM SAD AND LONELY!" I screamed.

"You could be more sad and alone." She pointed out, fading.

"WAIT! WICTORIA! I'M SORRY FOR YELLING!" I sobbed. I really fucked up.... Now what will I do?! And I still need to tell Nadwe.... Maybe I still have a chance at a happy family...

| I'm not very good at writing romance :/ I'm not doing very well mentally (After thinking I was actually managing to rebuild my mental health) so the next chapter could be a while away. (I'm also having slight writers block) Welp :/ goodbye. Word count: 999|