Katsura Kotarou x Reader: The Prison Break Incident

(F/N) had seen many prisoners come and go in her time, but there was one in particular that made an impression.

It happened every few months. First, she'd hear whispers. Then squeals of glee. Then (F/N) would follow the trail of starstruck heart-eyes through the halls. Every time without fail, she'd find him there—brown eyes, delicate features, silky black hair...yes, it was always him. Katsura Kotarou

Not again.

(F/N) heaved a sigh, and leaned against the wall, watching as her fellow prison guards gushed over him. He sat cross-legged in his cell, a fan of cards in his hand. Across from him was his cell-mate, deep in thought as he plotted his next move.

"Wow, look at him!" exclaimed a coworker. "He's gorgeous! What's he in for?"

"You don't know?" asked another. "Oh, that's right. You just started work last month. You see, that's one of our regulars."

"We have...regulars?"

"That's right." The guard nodded. "You might've heard of him. His name is Katsura Kotarou."

The first guard gasped.

"Wait, you mean the Katsura Kotarou?"

"That's right."

"I had no idea he was so..."

"Hot? Pretty? Drop-dead gorgeous?"

"...Yeah..."

The second guard sighed. "I know, right? There's a big commotion every time he comes in. He's always gone in a few days, though. It's kind of impressive."

"Wow...he really is impressive. If only..."

An irk mark appeared on (F/N)'s forehead.

"He's a pain in the ass, that's what he is."

The two jumped, and spun around, eyes widening when they saw her.

"(F/N)-san! What are you—"

"That moron keeps getting captured no matter what," she muttered, "even though he's supposed to be some sort of genius. Then he gets sent here, escapes in a matter of days, and we have to pay the price for it. Do you know how big a pay cut we got the last time? Do you?"

The guards flinched, and (F/N) heaved a sigh, pinching the bridge of her nose. She could feel a headache coming on already.

"Just get back to work. We have a lot to do to ensure that bastard doesn't get away. Again."

"Yes, ma'am!"

The guards stood up straight, and snapped her a salute. She waved them off, and was about to continue her patrol when she heard a shout from behind.

"Yes, I won!"

She spun around, catching sight of Katsura, who was still seated in his cell, pumping his fists in the air. Poker cards were scattered around the cell, and the other prisoner, seated across from him, hung his head in defeat. It was almost comical in the dim grey of the cell, and (F/N) had to suppress a smile.

He really is nice to look at. I can't exactly blame them for staring.

If only that beautiful head didn't house such a useless brain.

~o0o~

By midday, things had settled down. This was partly because the novelty had worn off, and partly because, out of a combination of annoyance and exhaustion, (F/N) requested to have Katsura transferred to a cell in a much less crowded part of prison.