Okita Sougo x Reader: What Do I Look Like to You?

(F/N) sat on the couch in the Yorozuya's living room, sipping a bottle of 'borrowed' strawberry milk. She'd been going there for three days in a row now with the same request—sanctuary. Specifically, sanctuary from the Shinsengumi.

She was an ambassador from the planet Harem, and that job had its quirks—one of which was that she was required that she have a Shinsengumi bodyguard at all times.

Another, less desirable quirk was that she looked completely different to every person she met. It was a side effect of her race, and one she'd prefer not to have.

She looked at Gintoki, who sat across from her, nose buried in Jump, and tilted her head.

I wonder what I look like to him? She thought, remembering the strawberry-colored blush he'd gotten the first time he looked at her.

She hadn't actually told them who she was (she just waved enough money at them, and they stopped asking questions) but she would have to eventually.

"Hey, Gin-san," she called. He grunted, and she took it as a response. "What do I look like to you?"

His gaze shifted from the magazine to her, eyes falling to her breasts before noticing Kagura and Shinpachi glaring at him, and raising them upwards.

"Come to think of it, you look kind of like Ketsuo Ana."

"What are you talking about?" Shinpachi snapped. "She looks just like Otsu-chan!"

"(F/N)-kun is a girl?" Kagura exclaimed.

"I am a girl," (F/N) confirmed. "Or at least, I feel like one, and look like one to myself, but I'm an amanto, and I look different to every person."

"Oh, that explains it!" Shinpachi exclaimed.

"Wait a minute!" Gintoki snapped. "Did you immigrate illegally? I'm sorry, but we only have room for one illegal alien here!"

(F/N) dumped the day's pay on the coffee table, and he shut up.

"I'm legal. Actually, I'm the princess of planet Harem. I'm here as an ambassador, but one of the conditions of my stay was that I have to have a member of the Shinsengumi with me at all times." She stood up. "I'm here to hide from them, that's all. They should've gotten tired of searching my place by now, so I'm out. Bye."

~o0o~

And with that, she turned and left.

When she arrived at her apartment, there was a very familiar sadist waiting for her outside.

"Oh, hey, Sougo-kun," she called, waving. "What's up? Do you need me for something again?"

Sougo looked up at her, and smirked. The two of them had formed some sort of odd friendship over the months of her stay on Earth. It usually consisted of him giving her odd requests, like following someone for several blocks, or narrating some sort of escape game. The most recent one had been standing in the park for several hours. When someone inevitably hit on her, the sadist had come out of the bushes with a bazooka, claiming she was his girlfriend.

He was a scumbag, but he made her days on Earth very entertaining.

"I need you to go on a walk with Hijikata," Sougo told her.

"Hijikata-san..." (F/N) echoed.

"Specifically," he continued, handing her a map, "I need you to lead him to this place."