Katsura Kotarou x Reader: Interview with a Joui Rebel's Wife

(F/N) didn't particularly want to know how The Edo found out she was the wife of Katsura Kotarou. Despite the illegal nature of her husband's work, she preferred to know as little as possible about that underground information-network stuff. She didn't say no to the interview offer, however. If it made her husband less intimidating to the public, she was happy to do it.

The Edo took every precaution to make sure her identity was kept safe. They blurred out her face, called her by her first initial only, and put on a voice filter. (F/N) thought back to the interview they'd previously done with her husband, and groaned. The poor woman who'd interviewed him was psychologically scarred. Due to that, Ketsuno Ana was handling this one.

(F/N) took a deep breath. She was safe. Now all that was left was to get through the interview.

Question 1:

"(Initial)-san," Ketsuno Ana said in her sweet voice, "how did you and your husband meet?"

(F/N) grimaced. This was not a good start.

"He..." she sighed. "For some reason, he thought I was another rebel..."

"Were you?" Ketsuno asked.

"No...he mistook me for another rebel." She was very glad her face was blurred. She didn't want to know what her expression looked like. "Someone who looks nothing like me, by the way. So anyway...he was running from the Shinsengumi, and saw me. Since he mistook me for a comrade, he grabbed my arm and told me to run. I assumed we were running from a bad man. I didn't realize I was running with the bad man."

"And you kept in touch after that?"

"Well, I was on a wanted poster for a little while thanks to that moron, so I stayed with him for a while so he could keep me safe. I suppose it's only natural we would keep in touch after living together."

"Is this when your relationship started?"

"No. That's a whole other story..."

Question 2:

"How did you and Katsura-san start dating?"

(F/N) slapped her forehead. Really? She had to tell this story? It would certainly make Katsura seem harmless...but not in the way that she wanted.

"He started acting strangely about a year after we met," she explained. "He would start saying something, and turn away with a blush. Sometimes, he would take me on extravagant outings—he'd never done that before, being a wanted man and all. Then one day, his amanto companion came up to me and held up this sign."

She reached under the table, and showed the camera a sign saying 'please go out with me.'

"It took Kotarou a solid minute to figure out why I was screaming, and take off the costume."

"Did he forget he was dressed up?" Ketsuno Ana asked.

(F/N) sighed. "To this day, I still don't know the answer to that question. I don't even know why he decided to wear the costume. I don't know anything about what goes on in that empty head of is."

Question 3:

"How did he propose?"

At this point, (F/N) had accepted the realization that her husband was an absolute idiot, and this whole interview would be hell because of it.

"He made the horrible decision of going to a friend of his for advice," (F/N) answered.

"And what did the friend say?"

(F/N) sighed. "He said 'do it with fireworks.' Kotarou thought that, since he didn't have any fireworks, he could do it with bombs. That was proposal number one."

"How many proposals were there? And how long did you lecture him for this one?"

"I lectured him for five straight hours, and his friend for two. There were two proposals."

"What was the second proposal?"

"He casually proposed at the breakfast table three weeks later. I said yes."

Question 4:

"What was your wedding like?"

(F/N) thought for a moment. "Let's see...Kotarou is a wanted man, so we couldn't exactly have a real wedding, but he still wanted some sort of ceremony. At first, he wanted his amanto companion to officiate."

"What did you say to that?"

"No. Instead, I hired a friend of his to do it."

"The same friend from before?"

(F/N) flinched. "Yes. Kotarou doesn't have many. Speaking of that friend, he wants me to get your autograph later."

"I'll keep that in mind."

Question 5:

"Do you have any regrets?"

(F/N) paused. The whole interview, it seemed all she had been doing was complaining. She thought about his terrifying confession and proposal, all his strange date ideas, and his complete lack of social skills. Then she thought about the way his face would light up every time he saw her, how he would pull her close when she tried to get up in the morning...how, before he left for work every morning, he would kiss her on the forehead and say 'I love you.' She would always say, 'come back safe,' and he would smile and say 'I promise...'

And every day, without fail, he would keep that promise for her.

(F/N) smiled.

"No. I have no regrets...

"...Though if Kotarou decides to use bombs as fireworks again, he'll have some big ones."