Okita Sougo x Reader: Cuddle With Me, Idiot!

Okita Sougo purposefully woke up a half hour after he was supposed to. He stumbled into the hallway, sleep mask still on his forehead, ready to fall over his eyes should Hijikata ask him to do any work.

By the time he reached the dining hall, it was almost empty. Hijikata sat at one table, looking over his schedule for that day. Across from him was the only female member of the Shinsengumi— Sougo's girlfriend, (F/N).

He plopped down next to her, mumbling a morning greeting. She grunted in response. The (H/C) girl had her knees tucked to her chest, arms wrapped around them, and her forehead on the table, shivering.

"Somethin' wrong?" he asked, patting her on the back.

"I'm cold..." she mumbled, turning her head to peek at him through her hair.

Sougo nodded. He thought it was something like that.

"Well," he began, "if you want, I could cu—"

"Hijikata-san," (F/N) interrupted. "Can I please turn the heat up?"

The Vice-Commander glanced up from his papers. "Yeah, sure."

"Yay! Thank you, Hijikata-san!"

She leapt from her seat, and ran off into the hallway, where the thermostat was.

Meanwhile, Sougo was silently seething. In the month they'd been dating, they'd had very little physical contact, or dates. Sougo wasn't very romantic, but he wanted to do something to make it feel like they were a couple.

"I don't get why you're so confused..." muttered Hijikata, who was only half paying attention. "You know she gets cold easily."

Sougo slammed his hands on the table, and stood up. "Die, Hijikata." He then took off into the hallway after his girlfriend.

Hijikata only shrugged, and went back to eating.

~o0o~

Sougo arrived just in time to see (F/N) on her tiptoes, adjusting the thermostat with the cutest smile on her face.

Okita couldn't wait to turn that smile into a frown.

Once she was done, she skipped out into the yard for morning training, probably looking forward to returning to a warm headquarters.

Little did she know...

Okita smirked, and turned the thermostat down to forty.

"She'll have to pay attention to me now..."

~o0o~

When Sougo returned from his morning patrol, the first thing he did was look for (F/N). He found her in one of the common rooms, huddled under the kotatsu. Hijikata sat across from her, calmly reading the newspaper.

"Sougo..." (F/N) whined. "Someone turned the thermostat down..."

"Wow," he said in his usual tone. "I wonder who that could have been?"

"I turned it back up," she continued. "But I'm still so cold..."

Sougo opened his arms. "If you're that cold, I could—"

"I'm going to get a sweater."

With that, she stood up, and left the room, leaving Sougo thoroughly confused.

"You know," Hijikata muttered from behind the paper. "You could just tell her directly that you want to cuddle."

"Yes, I could..." he pulled his bazooka out. "But that wouldn't be any fun. Die, Hijikata."

~o0o~

Half an hour and one lowering of the thermostat later, Sougo sat in his room, making a voodoo doll. There was a timid knock on the door, and (F/N) crept inside, wrapped in a sweater.

"I...I heard you blowing up Hijikata-san earlier. Are...are you okay?"

Sougo glanced at her. She refused to make eye contact.

"Yeah," he muttered. "I kind of blew up a whole wing of the headquarters by accident, though. Hijibaka is still thinking of a punishment for me. Anyway, what's up? Did that idiot turn the thermostat down again?"

Their eyes met, and she turned away, red as a tomato.

"You really are an idiot."

She then took off her sweater, and held out her arms.

"Can...can you cuddle with me, please?"

A faint smile appeared on Sougo's face, and he held his arms out to her. She took this as a 'yes,' and hesitantly sat in his lap. He then trapped her in his arms, burying his face in the crook of her neck.

"See?" he whispered, lips brushing her skin. "That wasn't so hard, now was it?"

Her face was a crimson red. He could feel her shifting in his lap, trembling ever so slightly.

"When...when you touch me," she whimpered. "It feels like there's fireworks under my skin. My face gets all hot...and my heart goes so fast. It's...it's such a weird feeling. I don't dislike it...but it just feels so weird! I don't know how to handle it!"

Sougo held her tighter. "Well then, we'll just have to fix that." He trailed his tongue down her neck. "After all, if I can't do this..." He bit her shoulder. "How will people know you're mine?"

She hid her face in her hands, but through the wall of fingers, he could see her smile.

"Sougo..." she whispered. "I love you."

Sougo smirked. "I love you, too."