Yorozuya and Shinsengumi x Reader: Water Fight

"Kagura-chan," (F/N) said, a sly smile on her face, "you said you wanted me to teach you all the fun Earth traditions I know, right?"

Kagura nodded. "Yes, Ma'am!"

"Good. Now, I'm about to teach you an ancient tradition—filled with fun and lots of history. Are you ready?"

"Yes, (F/N)-sensei!"

(F/N) smiled. Currently, she and Kagura were seated on the wall surrounding the Shinsengumi compound, speaking in hushed voices as the sun beat down on their heads. It was a hot day in late July, but if there was anything those girls were willing to suffer for, it was mischief.

"Now," (F/N) said in her best Uncle Iroh voice, "the first step is to lie in wait for your prey. Do you understand?"

"Yes, (F/N)-sensei!"

"Good. Now the second step is—"

"What are you two morons doing up there now?"

The girls jumped, and spun around to find Hijikata standing just outside the compound, a cigarette smoking in his mouth.

"Ah, Hijikata-san!" (F/N) said, putting on a sweet smile. "Don't worry about us! We won't cause any trouble!"

"Now that's a load of bullshit if I've ever heard one." He blew a puff of smoke out of his mouth, and scowled. "Now why don't you come down from there before I'm forced to take you into custody?"

"Aw, come now, you wouldn't do that, would you?"

"I've done it before and I'll do it again. Now come down. You're trespassing on Shinsengumi property."

(F/N) flinched, and Kagura leaned closer, cupping her hands over her mouth.

"Should we bomb him?"

"No, we're not bombing him!" (F/N) hissed. "If we bomb him, we'll have to completely reconfigure our—"

(F/N) froze. She'd only glanced over her shoulder for a moment, but she was sure she'd seen it—a familiar face walking along the other side of the wall.

"Kagura-chan!" she shouted. "It's happening! The target! Step two! Step two!"

"Yes, Sensei!"

With that, Kagura leapt to her feet, and heaved a giant box of water balloons into the air.

A second later, those water balloons were tumbling down on their unsuspecting target.

"Oi, what the hell?"

"And step three," (F/N) said, "is to run."

~o0o~

"Faster, faster, he's gaining on us!"

"I could run faster if it wasn't for your slow human legs!"

"I'm not that slow! I'm pretty fast for a human!"

Kagura reached the door to the Yorozuya first, throwing it open and speeding inside. (F/N) dashed in after her, looking around frantically.

"Where are they?" she demanded, running the closet. "Come on, they have to be somewhere..."

"I think I saw them down here," Kagura said, coming up behind her and searching the closet floor. "Or maybe they're in the bathroom? Or maybe—"

"Ugh, you're no help!" (F/N) bit her lip, and glanced at the top shelf of the closet, where Hasegawa had lived in secret for several months.

"Kagura-chan," she said, "quick! Give me a boost!"