Sakata Gintoki x Reader: Your Lips Taste Sweet

Sakata Gintoki thought he must be the luckiest person in the world. After all, how else would (F/N) actually have said yes to a date with him?

(F/N) was the cutest, sweetest, most wonderful person in the world. Gintoki had spent a solid six months agonizing over how to ask her on a date, only to get it out in a stuttering, jumbled mess when the time came. (F/N) hadn't minded, though. She'd just smiled that sweet smile of hers, and said 'of course' before giving him a peck on the cheek.

That was the closest they'd ever gotten to a kiss. Now, it was the night before their fourth date, and Gin was determined the next day be their first real kiss. It would not be his first kiss ever, of course, but it was his first kiss with her—the love of his life. It had to be perfect.

He spent hours coming up with a plan. He surfed the internet, looking on hundreds of advice forums, and when he found nothing there, resorted manga and fan fiction. He continued reading well into the night, until finally, he had it--a plan for the perfect first kiss.

He could imagine her happily snacking on a parfait, her cheeks flushed, and a little bit of cream on the corner of her mouth. He would lean forward, and capture her soft, plush lips with his. When he drew away, she would sit there dazed for a moment. That's when he would say it, with the smallest smirk on his face.

Your lips taste sweet.

The perfect line to make him seem cool, loving, and romantic at the same time.

He could see it in his mind's eye—a tiny blush on her cheeks, a moment of stuttering as her eyes darted about, looking everywhere but his face, and then she would smile that brilliant smile of hers.

Gintoki smiled to himself. Yes, that was it—the perfect first kiss.

~o0o~

The next day, he picked (F/N) up at her apartment like the gentleman he wasn't. She wore a cute outfit, a cute smile, a cute blush...seriously, how could one person be so cute?

"I'm so excited!" she exclaimed as she clung to his arm. "I haven't been to an amusement park in years!"

Gintoki froze, stopping in his tracks.

Shit! I completely forgot we're supposed to be going to an amusement park!

(F/N) blinked at him. "Gin? Is something wrong?"

He flinched, and forced a smile.

"Um...I'm feeling kind of hungry! Aren't you hungry?"

(F/N) thought for a moment.

"Okay! Let's go get something to eat first!"

He breathed an inward sigh of relief.

"Is the sweets shop okay with you?"

"The sweets shop is always okay with me!"

They continued to walk down the street, and Gin smiled. Just a few more agonizing minutes until the perfect first kiss...

~o0o~

"May I take your order?"

Gin looked across the table at (F/N). She had her arms folded on the table, and was leaning over the menu, eyes glued to the paper. She tore her gaze away for only a moment to nod to the waitress. Gin wondered what held her attention. Would her lips taste like peaches? Strawberries? Chocolate? Maybe they would be covered in little cookie crumbs he could lick off...