•Part eight

This entire week, Cedric had been staying in your's and Brooklyn's dorm and eating meals with you and Brooklyn since the boys in Hufflepuff would make fun of him over Cho cheating. You couldn't help but feel so bad for him, but it was easy for the two of you knowing you were both as heart broken as each other. It would always be harder for Cedric, Fred didn't cheat on you but Cho did cheat on him.

"Hey, ready to go down for breakfast?" You asked Cedric as he left the bathroom.

"Yeah I am, let's get ready for another day of seeing Cho with him." He said through gritted teeth.

You two head down to the great hall for breakfast and see Fred and Angelina joking about something while they sat next to each other. You rolled your eyes, followed by Cedric and Brooklyn scoffing.

"Ignore them, complete assholes." Brooklyn grabbed the pumpkin juice and took a sip.

Throughout the entire feast, Brooklyn kept on looking in someone's direction but whenever you turned to find out who, she would focus on something else.

"Who do you keep looking at, is there something on their face?" You questioned.

"Yeah, a sexy smirk." She glanced at the person again then looked away. You turned and saw George smirking.

"Wait- you two?" You were pointing to George and Brooklyn repeatedly.

"Don't tell anyone, please!" Brooklyn whisper/shouted at you.

"I won't but how did this happen- I mean, I thought you don't like him like that?" You you and Cedric questioned her.

"It just happened, when you were in detention with Moody, we kissed and one thing led to another." She replied.

"Hold up! You two have already had sex? I haven't even have sex with Fred." Your smile dropped at the accidental mention of the boy sitting a few seats opposite you.

"Yes we have already had sex. Now let's stop talking about relationships and shit, it's obviously making you upset, Nat." Brooklyn noticed your face expression and changed the conversation. "How are you feeling for the second task?"

"I'm nervous, I mean it's in February and it's only the eighth of December. I have no clue what it is going to be!" You complained and took another bite of your pancake.

"I'm sure we will find out soon, don't worry." Cedric wrapped his arm around your shoulder and gave you a side hug.

You noticed Fred glancing at you with a clenched jaw, he looked.. jealous? Of you and Cedric? You decided to ignore it and finish eating your breakfast.

"Come on, we have this stupid thing that McGonagall wants to tell us. First one there gets five galleons!" Brooklyn teased Cedric and started running off.

"No fair, wait up!" He called after her and starting running as well.

You chuckled to yourself and walked after them with no idea how they were both this energetic.

You got to the room of requirements and saw Cedric giving money to Brooklyn then leaving. As you and her entered you saw all the Gryffindor boys lined up on one side and all the girls on the other. The pair of you went to the girls side and sat down next to Hermione Granger and Ginny Weasley.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the.." McGonagall started trying to ignore the sound of Filch fiddling with the music. "Triwizard Tournament since its inception.

On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests, gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and everyone of you, to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because.. the Yule Ball, is first and foremost. A dance." McGonagall finished, gasps and whispers filled the air instead.

"Silence!" She ordered. "The house of Godric Gryffindor has demanded the respect of the Wizard world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the cost of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling, band of baboons!"

You looked over to the boys side and saw Fred and George whispering to each other, repeating something which caused Ron and Harry to laugh and whisper something to Seamus.

"Mr Weasley!" She called out at Ron.

"Yes." He mumbled, looking down.

"Will you join me please?" She walked over to him and pulled him up, making everyone in the room erupt in laughter. "Now place your right hand on my waist."

"Where!" His eyes widened.

"My waist." She nodded and he slowly moved his arm to our professors waist. Causing wolf whistles from Fred and George.

"Now bend your arm. Mr Filch, if you please." From that, Filch played the music and Ron and McGonagall started dancing around.

"Oi, your never gonna let him forget this, are you?" Harry called the twins over with a smirk on his face.

"Never." They replied in unison.

"Everybody come together." McGonagall called out and some girls got up, all boys stayed in their seats. "Boys, on your feet!"

All the boys stood up and George came over to dance with Brooklyn, offering her his hand and pulled her up, taking her away with a bright smile.

"Care to dance?" You heard a familiar voice ask you and you turned your head to see Fred holding a hand out in front of you.

"Why not? Being with you definitely can't get any worse." You said sarcastically and accepted his hand, allowing him to pull you onto the dance floor.

"We haven't really spent time together lately, this is nice." Fred said after spinning your around.

"There was a reason not to, a pretty good one too." You teased.

"I know, I'm sorry about how things ended with us.. if I could, I would take back everything I said that day." Fred told you and placed his hands on your waist.

"I wouldn't, you should have heard what I told Naomi and Brooklyn." You glanced at Brooklyn dancing with George and Naomi dancing with Lee.

"What exactly did you tell them then, because I got a little visit from someone. Let's just say they weren't the happiest." He chuckled slightly.

"Doesn't matter right this second. I'm sorry about how we ended too, I regret everything that happened that day." You told him. "Other than me entering." You thought.

"Natalie what even happened to us? We ended our relationship because of a small argument. It's been so hard for me without you, I miss you." He cupped your cheek with one hand and stared into your eyes.

"I miss you too, the argument was stupid but I'm not sure that we are both quite ready to start dating again or whatever you would call it." You felt bad for saying that, but you couldn't get back together with Fred. Not yet.

"Friends?"

"Friends."

A/N: and they are back and on speaking terms, finally!

How did you feel about this about this chapter, I'm honestly not sure if I like it.

Word count: 1178