•Part twelve

Ever since Harry found out about my real dad, so five days ago, he had been asking questions left and right.

"How long did you know?"

"Did you ever know any of the others?"

"Was my dad another Marauder?"

"Did you know Remus was actually Moony?"

There was many more, these were just a few of lots.

It was now December 20th, five more days till the Yule Ball. All girls now had their dresses, Ginny got sent one but is still using Hermione's spare dress since she doesn't like her own.

You were just sitting in the library with Cedric trying to find out what the second task in February could be when Harry ran into the library.

"Natalie- I think I- found out what- the task is." He said in between breaths.

"Calm down, what?" You laughed.

"I think I know what the second task is!" He repeated and took a seat.

Cedric and you were now staring at Harry, expecting him to say something until he finally realised what he was meant to say.

"Oh yeah, the second task is in the black lake!" He said calmly and later his feet on the table.

"How do you even know that, Harry?" Cedric asked, a bit surprised how casually he said that.

"You still have that egg from the dragon, right?" Harry asked, you nodded before he continued. "The screaming noise are mermaids from the black lake, you hold the egg underwater and-"

"It tells you a message. I read that somewhere, right here!" You held open a book to him.

"That doesn't solve our main problem, we need to hear the rest of the message to be able to know what the proper task is." Cedric said and you turned towards the boy.

"Wait for me in the prefect bathrooms then!" You playfully hit his shoulder and he grabbed his bags, walking out of the library to head to the bathrooms.

"I heard Fleur telling some of her Veela friends about how she knows, so I figured I might as well tell you too!" Harry told you and walked out of the library next to you.

"Thanks for telling me, little bro!" You messed up his hair and ran off round the corner. You quickly turned your head around to see Harry with a huge smile plastered on his face.

The only family that Harry and Brooklyn had that actually cared for them, was one another, so it made Harry thankful that he had another older sister figure in his life. He had always been close to you since you and Brooklyn have been inseparable since first year, but it made him feel even close to you and his sister somehow.

You had a smile on your face as you went up to the prefects bathroom to see Cedric already in the small pool, the egg on the steps to enter.

"Turn around, Diggs, can't let your eyes see me like this." You placed your bags down and pulled your jumper off.

"Of course not, your naked body is only for your precious Freddie." He teased and shut his eyes.

You got unchanged and climbed into the pool to join Cedric, you grabbed his hand and pulled it away from his eyes so he could at least see your face.

The bubbles in the water covered up yours and his entire body other than your faces, which made you feel a lot better since you were quite insecure. Very insecure in fact.

"Let's get this thing over with then." He reached over and grabbed the egg, then placed it in your hands.

"Thank you." You slowly dunked your head underwater, followed by Cedric, and held your breath.

Bringing the egg down too, you two heard slow singing voices making up a song with a hidden clue.

Come seek us where our voices sound, we can not sing above the ground. An hour long you'll have to look, to recover what we took.

The voices faded and you pulled your head above the water again, also copied by Cedric.

You two quickly recovered from being under the water and placed the egg on the side stairs again.

"So that was weird, what did it take then?" Cedric questioned.

"I don't know actually, it has to be obvious! I haven't found anything that has mysteriously gone missing lately." You simply told him and shrugged your shoulders.

"I'm sure we will find out soon-" he was cut off by the sound of footsteps.

Sharing a look, the two quickly jumped out of the water, pulled their clothes on, grabbed their stuff and ran out. We stayed round the corner to listen on the people's conversation though.

"I don't get it, why don't you want to actually go to the ball with me after you asked me?" A girl voice came from the bathrooms.

"I'm sorry, I really am, but after not talking to her, it made me realise how badly I wanted her. Plus I see that way you look at him, I'm not blind." A boy voice followed the girls.

"Who is it then! Who did you magically fall in love with and want to go out with them now?" The girl angrily asked the boy.

"Natalie Willow! I love Natalie Willow and it was always be her.." the boy sharply told the girl.

"Wow, you really are blind aren't you?" The girl said. "It's so obvious that she doesn't want you anymore, she is fucking Diggory! Plus after all the arguments I have, I would be surprised she wants to even have a simple conversation with you."

That's when it hit you. You knew both of those voices.

"Don't say that, Angelina! I love her and I'm sorry if I hurt you, you only agreed to make Lee jealous I've seen that.." the boy you loved. "I only asked you to make Nat jealous."

"So what if I did, it won't ever change the way I see Lee and it definitely won't change how you see Natalie. You love her, Fred, don't screw it you this time." You heard the girl say, now correctly identified as Angeline Johnson.

"We still going to the Ball, as friends, I mean?" He asked.

"Of course, you still want to make the girl you love jealous after Diggory, and I am going to help!"

"Thanks, Angie."

Fred.

He loves you.

You loved him too, but deep down you knew you can't be together without arguing over the smallest things.

You wanted things to work, but how would they work?

Word count: 1100