•Part twenty six

A/N: thank you all so much for over 100 reads! words can't express how happy I am right now, love you all! <3

After a while, it was finally time for your birthday. It was June 24th, your birthday and also the final task.

Things are still really hard for all of you ever since Cedric's death, it was even harder for anyone to smile or laugh knowing that Cedric could never do that with them again.

You had tried to have fun with your friends, but it was no use. Nobody thought you or Brooklyn would ever smile again now that he was gone, you both had not smiled since. Not even a fake smile, it was too hard.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NATALIE HAYLEY WILLOW LUPIN!" Many voices yelled and ran into your dorm, interrupting your thoughts and sleep.

"Get out." You said and rolled to the other side so you could face the door and see who entered the room.

Fred, George, Lee, Naomi, Brooklyn, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and even Luna were all standing there. Some of them were holding small bags or a box that had a present in it for you.

"That's no way to treat us, we have presents!" Lee said and walked over to your bed, pulling the blanket off of you and throwing it in Fred's face.

"Hey! I was cold, now give that back." You complained and sat up.

"Thank Merlin you weren't naked." Lee sighed in relief.

"Why would I be naked?" You asked and everyone in the room laughed slightly, not you and Brooklyn though.

"Don't ask me!" Lee said and threw his hands up in the air.

Everyone sat down on a bed each. Lee, Naomi, Ginny and Luna all sat on one of the spare beds. Harry, Ron and Hermione sat on Cedric's old bed that he used. Brooklyn and George sat on her bed, then Fred sat down next to you, hand on your thigh.

"Open mine and Naomi's first, it's the best one." Lee winked at you, handed you a tiny box and sat down again next to Naomi.

You opened the box to see a small packet of condoms. Quickly, you hid your face in your hands in embarrassment that they got you this.

"Why did you get me these?" You said with a very light chuckle.

"What was it?" Fred looked over and saw the condoms, a smirk appeared on his lips and whispered something to you so only you could hear. "We can use these later then, love."

Harry, Ron and Hermione all got you some chocolate frogs.

Ginny and Luna gave you some Bertie Botts flavoured beans.

Brooklyn got you a beautiful necklace with your birthstone on it since you saw one that you wanted earlier on in the year.

George gave you a customised hoodie that said C.D B.P N.L for Cedric Diggory, Brooklyn Potter and Natalie Lupin.

Fred was saving your present until later, just before the final task in the evening.

You all walked into the great all and took your seats. Naomi was sat to the left of you, Fred to the right, George next to Fred, Harry and Ron facing Fred and George, Hermione and Ginny facing you and Naomi, then Brooklyn sat next to Ginny with Lee sat in front of her.

"May I have your attention please." Dumbledore stepped up onto the podium as everyone took their seats in the hall. "As you all must know, the final task is today."

"I want to wish all four champions a good luck, the task will be just after dinner." He added. "Now please, eat up!"

He stepped down and took his usual seat.

"So, what does the birthday girl want for her breakfast?" Ron asked and took a bite out of his waffle.

"I'm not sure actually." You shrugged.

"Seriously? You must-" George started but was cut off.

"Natalie, I think someone wants to talk to you." Naomi nudged you and motioned towards the staff table, where your dad always sat.

"Come here, kiddo." He mouthed to you, a small smile appeared on your face as you jumped up to walk over to him.

"Hey dad!" You said and he pulled you into a separate room, the one you went in after the champions got announced.

"I just wanted to wish you a very happy birthday to my lovely daughter." He hugged you and kissed the top of your head.

"Thank you, dad." You thanked him.

"This," He pulled out a small box from his pocket and handed it to you. "Is for you, think of it as a present from me and Hayley, your mother."

You opened the box to see a golden locket that opened up with an enchanted picture of your parents, a very small Naomi in your mums arms and baby you in your dads arms. The gift alone already gave you tears in your eyes, and seeing the picture set them off.

"Dad.. I love it so much!" You pulled your dad into another hug and hurried your face into his neck. "I love the present, and I love you too."

"I love you too, kiddo." He pulled away from the hug. "Now go, you must be hungry and I also don't want to keep you away from your friends."

"Alright, let's go then." You two walked out of the room, Remus kissed your cheek lightly and walked back to the staff table whilst you walked back to the Gryffindor table.

"What did your dad want?" Fred wondered.

"He gave me this." You held up the necklace.

"Wait! Is that me?" Naomi laughed.

"Yep, that's also me right there." You pointed at yourself then handed Naomi the necklace so she could see it properly.

Everyone continued to eat and talk, enjoying your breakfast. Brooklyn had been a bit quiet the entire time, George had tried talking to her but she still stayed quiet.

"Natalie." Brooklyn finally spoke up before everyone finished their food. "Can I please show you something?"

"Of course, let's get out of here." You jumped up, grabbed her hand and walked out of the hall, knowing she was obviously upset about something. "Wait. What's wrong, Brooklyn?"

"It's just- Cedric.. he told me to give you something if he couldn't himself and-" she stuttered as tears formed in her eyes.

"Brooklyn.. come here." You hugged her and that's when the tears finally fell out of her eyes, and yours too. "How about we go and you can show me it."

"Yes please, it's in his dorm.." she said to you, leading you to his dorm.

Word count: 1111