Chapter 5

The sun was bright and warm, it looked as if it should be a very good day. However, instincts nagged at Damian, telling him today would be quite the opposite. He hated his father for not telling him these plans, and he hated him even more for making such a fool of himself in front of all the packs. Was he nuts? He actually dared to mock the Pelisian alpha in his face, when he had done the same thing!

Damian growled to himself and slipped into a slim grey T-shirt and jeans, he threw a leather jacket over it and walked out into the snow.

"See you after school." He muttered to his father just before he left. He could drive, he had an old mustang, but he made it a point to avoid driving when irritated. So instead, he walked.

Annoyed and bothered, those words seemed to be the definition of him lately.

He ignored the icy wind as it blew in his face and trudged on through the snow. It was already a month ago since it had been anounced that he would marry that Pelisian girl. He hated the thought more than anything, not just the fact that she was part of a disgusting pack of wimps, but because it changed everything. He'd had so many plans for himself and his pack. First, he was going to drive out the Pelisian Pack, then get a medical degree and start his own practice, reshape the pack, and ditch the horrid reputation they all had. Now those plans were nothing but rubbish, all thanks to a dim witted father, and a cowardly alpha. In a couple years, that cowardly alpha would be his father-in-law.

He snarled and kicked snow aside. It flew through the air in white powder, like cold smoke.

And that stupid Pelisian heir! What was her name? Kayla? She was nothing but a bratty, puppy. She knew nothing of the hardships of life and loss, nothing about hunters.

She was too busy living a life of royalty. He snarled to himself.

The sound of blasting metal music filled his ears, he slightly smirked to himself and twisted on his heel to see a bright red pick up truck speeding to him. It came to a screeching halt next to him and the window rolled down to reveal his older brother, Kevin.

"Where you going, Damian? Let's hang out." He shouted at him over the music.

Damian shook his head, "Some of us still have school." He said coolly. Only one more semester left to be exact, then he would be graduating.

The back window rolled down and his thin cousin, Trent, appeared. "Come on, Damian, none of us go to school, why bother with it? It's not like any of it has to do with us."

Damian shrugged, "I like it." He replied truthfully.

"You never hang out with us anymore!" His stouty cousin, Travis, accused.

Travis and Trent were the same age as him, and they were triplets. They had a sister named Trixie, whom he absolutely despised because she was trashy. Although, her friends were easy to have some fun with every now and then. So being related to a disgrace like her had it's perks every now and then.

Kevin honked his horn, startling a few people nearby that were just getting their day started. "Hey, come on! The kid wants to learn, let him!" He shouted at them, then he turned to Damian with a plastic smile, "I'll give you a ride, baby bro. Get in."

It was a command. Damian walked around to front of the car. He nodded politely to an elderly couple trying to enjoy their coffee. Then he perched himself on the front seat. They drove to the southern side of town, where Damian's high school, Snow Valley, was located. They pulled up and before Damian could get out his brother put his hand on him and spoke seriously.

"There's a party tonight, starts around halftime of the basketball game. You have to come." He said seriously.

Damian sighed. He was already going to the game, it was the biggest one of the season against the school's greatest rivals, Mountain View High School. To go partying after seemed like a bit much too him. He liked partying with them, really. But there was always party, and if not, there was one to crash. Lately, his brother and cousins had been getting more and more reckless. Maybe it was the fact that he was an heir that made him more serious than them. Whatever it was, he found himself not wanting to go, especially with the itching instincts at the back of his head.

Travis snarled, "He's not gonna go! He'll be too busy banging some Pelisian girl!"

Damian bristled at that low blow. "Don't be rash, Travis" He turned around and his green eyes pierced into him, "We all know that you're more pig than wolf." He growled softly.

Travis dropped his eyes and looked out the window at the students that were obediently filing into the school, like cattle. He had been guilty of raping Pelisian girls twice, Kevin once. They had done it not for the fun of ruining the girls. Now they would forever, in some sick way, belong to the Serian boys who stole their innocence. Their mates, if they ever found one, would never get to have full claim of the girls they loved. Damian had to cover for them, he was disgusted to his core with such a heinous act, but he couldn't bear to watch his brother face punishment for that. He could care less about Travis, who was no more than a squealing follower, but if he went down so would have Kevin. After the ordeal was passed, he warned them that next time they needed his help, it would not be there.

"Nevermind that!" Kevin said sternly, "The point is: you're not going to let the fact that you're an engaged man turn you into a dog, are you?"

Damian glared at him. Of course not, being engaged to that snooty princess would not and could not change him. He shook his head with a grimace, "I'll go, but only to make sure none of you do anything stupid."

Kevin grinned, "We would've taken you even if you said no. Can't have a party without it's guest of honor, you know?"

Damian gave him a quizzical look, "What?"

Trent spoke, "The party is for you Damian. To celebrate Serius' near victory. Once you marry that girl you can just as easily get rid of her and the rest of her pack. Then, no more Pelisians."

Kevin gave him a playful shove, "And haven't I got the greatest surprise for you!" He laughed, "Now go do your learning. I'll be seeing you later."

Damian climbed out of the car and waltzed into the school smoothly. Girls stole quick glances at him, some were bold enough to even say hi. When he nodded at them they blushed and beamed happily as if they'd just received true love's kiss from prince Charming. He snorted to himself at such an absurd thought. They all had it wrong. He didn't consider himself a Prince, he was nothing more than an heir, plagued with doing something to give his pack a brighter future.

He stopped short of a building and looked at the blue painted mural on the school's wall, big enough for everyone to see. There were students on a ladder, putting up a banner that advertised the game tonight. His favorite part was the blue, brooding wolf that stood snarling under the name.

Snow Valley High, home of the Blue Wolves. He thought to himself. Not too shabby a school for a Lobain like himself to study under.