Epilogue

6 years later

"Before we conclude this convention," Logan announced from the stage in Bermuda. "I want to propose an honorary howl, by all of us, for a young alpha who had everything taken from him, and has since worked hard to rebuild his pack. He has greatly impressed me, and is now only 2 years away from being a doctor, on top of being the most noble alpha I've ever come to know. Please, fellow Lobains of Bermuda, join me in a howl for Damian. He truly deserves it."

Not one wolf held their voice for the Serius alpha. Other than the small Serius pack, the Pelisian pack howled for him the loudest. The howl crescendoed high into the starry expanse, and then slowly faded away into the land.

Damian smiled and wagged his midnight black tail happily while individuals of his pack took turns eagerly nuzzling into him with their snouts affectionately. They had grown more in the last 6 years by taking in additional strays, and pups had been born. It was still small, but they were happy to be making progress. He nodded his thanks to Logan, who proudly bowed in his direction.

He'd grown to be as large as an alpha ought to be, and his black fur glowed with a handsome deep blue undertone. Most striking of all, was his bright green gaze, that made even the strongest Bermudans pause. As he lead his pack away from the convention center, back to the pools to leave their motherland, he politely greeted wolves in the other packs that congratulated him.

Kayla watched the Serius pack go with a content smile. Her heart didn't ache when she looked at him anymore. She saw him as she saw everyone else. At each convention that passed they had never spoken, in fact, it was as if he didn't even see her. But she didn't mind his indifference, she knew her pack's fault in the tragedy he'd had to endure, it wasn't something to easily be forgotten. She was glad that he did not hate them, the Serius and Pelisian packs never snarled or bickered at each other anymore, some would argue that they had finally reached peace with each other. Though Kayla wouldn't agree that peace had come, because while they weren't at each others throats, they also never interacted. She saw it as a civility, but it was a step in the right direction. In a generation or two, true peace would finally pass between their packs.

At the age of 23, she had gained the gentle, regal beauty of her mother, and the dominant confidence of her father. Her soft, peach colored coat, and radiant amber eyes were popular for compliments. A young pup romped over her back and rolled around in front of her playfully. She sighed with motherly virtue and gently cuddled the cub with her snout. He received her with slobbering pink kisses joyfully.

Raul approached, he walked with a slight limp, and a patch of the fur on his neck had never grown back from the injuries Kevin scored on him, but he still looked well as ever.

"I knew I'd find you here." He said to the pup with a laugh. "Stop slobbering all over your auntie."

The pup tripped over himself at his father's voice. He jumped over his large paws in an awkward puppy run to Raul.

"Papa, may I travel with auntie?" He begged.

"You have to ask your mother."

Tyler's fluffy little tail flagged circles, because he knew that meant yes, but he still obediently navigated through the forest of wolf legs to his mother. Kayla dropped her head onto her paws and watched him with stars in her eyes.

"He is so great." She sighed.

"That little rascal? You can only say that cause he's not yours." Her cousin joked good naturedly. They stood when Anthony ordered his pack to follow him back to the pools. Silvia weaved through the crowd with her son romping at her heels.

Kayla took the pup by the scruff of his neck and exited Bermuda with him. They broke out of the warm water on the other side and rode the waves back to shore. He giggled excitedly with happy eyes, she smiled warmly at the 4 year old. He had the same scruffy brown hair as Raul, and his eyes were exquisite, light brown on the outer iris and transitioning into a shining amber toward his pupil. Kayla believed he could be a beta, like his father, because of those eyes.