Chapter 6

The crowd screamed as the Blue Wolves took the ball and charged straight to the other side of the court. The ball carrier aimed and shot, only to have the Bobcat defense take it away. It was a very fast paced game, the teams played harder than usual for glory over their rivals. The crowds cheered louder than usual, and had screaming competitions, while the mascots sent vulgar signs from opposite ends.

Even Damian found himself cheering, his team was ahead by a couple points. He had changed into a dark blue baseball jacket that sported his school's team and colors. Around him fellow students were dressed head to toe in shades of blue and white. It was a home game for his school. It seemed like everyone was there, even students like Trent and Travis, who didn't even bother going to school, had showen up to see the game.

On the other side of the court, it seemed like all of Mountain View High School had left their side of town to join their team. They were dressed in red and black, encouraging their team to catch up. Two high schools that were on completely opposite sides of the spectrum. One representing the Blue Wolves, sporting colors of blue and white, the other using Bobcats and wearing red and black. Although, this "friendly competition", as some called it, went much deeper than they all realized, because, Snow Valley consisted of the Serius Pack, while Mountain View housed the Pelisian Pack.

Damian watched the Mountain View cheer team, he could tell that the cheer captain was purely Pelisian. She was lifted to the top of the pyramid and struck a pose shouting for her team. It was Amarie, he knew that. The packs all knew each other well. They had too, it was wise to keep your enemies close. Next to him, Travis watched her with hungry, murderous eyes.

Trent gave Damian a smirk and indicated towards the bleachers. He followed his gaze and saw Kayla standing at the corner. He narrowed his eyes, so her protective father let her come to this side of town. She wasn't alone though, standing next to her was her cousin, Raul, glaring at the Serius side of the court cynically. She seemed disinterested in the game, something was obviously on her mind.

Damian rolled his eyes and looked away from her. He didn't want to think of her anymore, or even look at her, he focused on the game and groaned in frustration when the score was turned into a tie.

Travis leaned in to him, "What do you think of her look?" He asked.

Damian knew he was talking about Kayla, "She's a Pelisian", he answered matter-or-factly, "Her look doesn't deserve any thought."

"I know", Travis answered defensively, "But if it did, I would say she wears the colors quite nicely." His lustful eyes were stuck on her like glue now.

Damian reluctantly turned towards Kayla, again, this time looking closer. She was wearing heeled black boots, red skin tight jeans, a black long sleeve with lace on the collar, and a black and grey blazer over it. Her wavy light brown hair, amber colored eyes, and red lips were almost the cherry on top. He didn't show that he, regrettably, agreed that she wore the colors well, so well that it was repulsive. He turned away to finish watching the game.

Travis tsk-ed his tongue in annoyance at Damian but spoke of Kayla to him no more. Instead, he talked to a different Serius member about her. The buzzer signaling halftime, screeched and the players quit their game, panting and sweating.

"We got to go." Said Trent.  

Damian nodded, he had told Kevin that they would meet him outside the gym at half time. They pushed through the crowds as the cheerleaders took over the court. Kevin was already waiting for them. They climbed into his truck and drove to an abandoned warehouse. Lights had been strung up and music blared loudly. The Serian party was just starting, many of them had been at the game and departed one by one to meet at the warehouse and howl the night away. As Damian looked around, he noticed that none of the older pack members were present, not even his father.