Prologue

Anthony Breathed calmly. Things were bad, his throat was sore from snarling and pulling members of his pack away from the pack of Serius. He was in his wolf form, it was required for visiting Bermuda. His back was dark grey, his snout, and eye brows were a gentle peachy color. The dark grey contrasted greatly with the peach but it looked handsome on him, the grey on his back blended and faded to peach and then finally to white on his stomach.

He couldn't control his pack whenever they came to the winter solstice. Especially now, with the murder of a child in the Serius family, and then the murder of his strongest hunter, who was also his best friend...

"Enough!" Anthony snarled. Finally his pack calmed and looked to him, slightly annoyed. At least no one was attacking each other anymore.

"Well, well, Tony, still don't have an heir to present, or are you afraid to show your child to us? I'd be afraid too, since you dared to spill the blood of one of our own!" Devon said. He was the Alpha of the Serius family. His fur wasn't as mixed and light as Anthony, it was a dark solid grey, like a storm cloud. He flicked his ears and glanced through the Pelisian Pack. "Where's Bernese?" He inquired about Anthony's mate.

Anthony held back a growl, "You already had your vengeance. I never authorized the slaughter of that child, and the offenders were dealt with. As for my Bernese, I don't believe her whereabouts are your concern."

"Actually it is a concern, it's a concern to all the packs. Each member of every pack is to come to the convention." Devon growled, his eyes glowed in radioactive green under the moon.

The Family of Alastar spoke, "He's right", Logan, the alpha, stated. "You must come up and tell us all that goes on with your pack since we last met."

Anthony sighed, he didn't feel safe announcing the news with the Family of Serius standing by in front of him, but the law was the law. He climbed in front of the packs, standing above them on the boulder.

"Bernese couldn't join us for the convention, because she has recently given birth to the heir my pack. My Daughter is only days old, and Bernese wasn't fit for travel." His pack let out howls of celebration, most of them had already known, but the birth of an heir was joyous for them. The other packs nodded proudly, except for the Serius Pack.

"Is that so?" Devon asked loudly, "So let me clarify, Bernese has been left all alone, with a weak and helpless young princess." His eyes flashed maliciously.

Anthony's brother, and second in command, snarled threateningly at Devon. "Is that a threat to our Queen, and Princess! You filthy Serius, I could kill you right now!"

Anthony jumped in front of them, landing gracefully on his paws. He snapped at his brother's face, "Enough, Adam! Your concern is appreciated, but your threats are hardly necessary."

Adam, let out a low growl but held his rage in. The Serius pack shook under their fur, they were all itching to kill each other. Devon himself could hardly keep them controlled, if something wasn't done soon, both packs would be wiped out. Anthony turned to Devon then, for the safety of his mate, his newly born daughter, and his beloved pack, he had to do something, anything. There was a thought in his wolfish brain, an idea beginning to birth. It was outrageous, but maybe, just maybe, it could work.

"Look at us, Devon. With each convention we can hardly keep our fangs off each other, each time we leave with more and more injured. This isn't working, we barely have a hold on our authority above everyone, unauthorized killings have even taken place. Let us talk, unless you want to risk both our packs being wiped out before the next solstice."

Devon narrowed his eyes but glanced back at his pack. He could see murder in their eyes, sometimes they even quarreled among each other over stupid issues. Finally, he shortly nodded his furry head and sent his pack to the other side of the rendezvous site, away from the Pelisian family, to prevent them from killing each other in the absence of the leaders.