Chapter 7

Kayla walked out of the gym next to Raul. Around them, other students of Mountain View High filed out too, discussing the results of the game with distaste. She was disappointed as well, and annoyed that Raul couldn't care less about it. Ever since he had graduated from high school a year earlier, he had stopped caring about the drama between the warring schools.

"Okay, you came, you saw your stupid high school game. Now let's go home." He whispered impatiently.

"Will you calm down?" She spoke in annoyance, "It's no big deal, we're surrounded by other Pelisians, we'll be fine."

"I still don't like this side of town." He gave suspicious glances around. "And besides, high school basketball games aren't even that amusing. It's all about Pro Ball, or even college ball."

She held back a laugh, "That's not what you used to say. You would drag me to the games. Looks like Raul is finally growing up."

He lifted a brow at her, knowing he was about to win their petty argument, "Of course I am, and you're still the same, old brat, probably will be forever. While I will continue to mature and move on with my life."

"I'm not a brat!" She snapped defensively. He stuck his tongue out at her. Real mature. She thought, rolling her eyes.

They stopped suddenly, the crowd was redirecting itself to the other side of the school. Odd. The crowd was supposed to go to the visitors parking, not to the home parking. With all the Pelisians and Serians attending each school, that was not going to end well, at all. Raul and Kayla examined the gate that lead to their designated parking, it was locked. They exchanged a look.

He stepped forward giving it a tug. "There's no way security would put this here."

Kayla turned around to see that the crowd had already disappeared to the other end of the school. "That's not going to end well." She muttered.

"I know, every Pelisian is going to get so beat up!" Someone exclaimed, walking out of the shadows.

Raul and Kayla twisted around to face a familiar Serian with a sharp-toothed grin spread across his face. Behind him, came a skinny boy next to a stout one, two girls dressed in very revealing fashion, and finally, Damian, reluctantly standing at the back and scanning the area around them restlessly

"What do you want!?" Raul hissed.

"We have some unfinished business." Kevin ridiculed. He looked in Kayla's direction and waved the key of the lock to her, "You want this? So you don't have to go through our lot? Come and get it." He unzipped his pants and cradled it inside, between his underwear and skin. The Serians around him burst into mocking laughter.

Kayla narrowed her eyes while Raul fumed.

"Well?" Kevin teased, "Do I have to come and get you myself?" He made move to advance forward.

"Take one more step and you'll be sorry!" Raul threatened.

Kevin smirked, "I will be sorry." He laughed and looked Raul straight in the eye. Slowly, he lifted up one big foot, and took one giant step closer.

Her cousin growled under his breath, he would look stupid if he didn't do something now. He was about to charge forward, but Kayla grabbed his arm to stop him. She knew that was exactly what they wanted, a fight. But, she remembered her father's warnings, this little fight would quickly burst into a full scale war. She refused to give them that.

He gave her a look of exasperation, and she shook her head. "They're not worth it." She said to him quietly. Reluctantly, he relaxed and gave Kevin one last glare, but didn't charge. Instead, they turned away.

"Hey!" Kevin shouted. "No one turns their back on me!"

Looks like I just did. Kayla smiled to herself in satisfaction.

There was a snarl, a large, half-formed, wolf sprinted ahead and blocked their path. The beast towered over them, huge, sharp teeth, that absorbed most of his snout, gleamed maliciously. Almost immediately, the silhouette shifted and stretched back into a man standing before them. But Kevin remained just as threatening. He wiped saliva from his chin, panting angrily at them. His teeth were still mighty and sharp.

Raul scoffed fearlessly, "My, what large teeth you have." He jeered as his own teeth began to sharpen. Every muscle within him tensed on edge. This time, Kayla wouldn't be able to stop him.

"The better to kill you with." Kevin snarled. His knees began to bend in anticipation to leap forward, straight for Raul tender throat, and rip it to shreds.

Damian suddenly landed in front of them, acting as a wall between the two raging Lobains.

"That's enough." He said calmly, locking eyes with his brother.

Kevin's annoyance for an interrupted fight he craved was replaced with sudden glee, when he noticed Kayla's subtle relief for the stop. He grabbed Damian by the collar, with sharp claws that nearly cut him, and shoved him toward the princess.

"What a picture perfect couple!" He gushed when they collided with each other. "What do you say, Regina?" He turned to look at her.

She had a frown on her face, steam whistled from her ears. "He can do way better." She scowled.

The heirs were forced to acknowledge the other's existence, for a moment. Damian scrunched up his face slightly, as if Kayla was a sore to look at, and the very scent of her made him sick. This made her erupt within. How dare he, turn up his nose at her, as if she was the disgusting one!? Worst of all, he didn't even apologize for his horrid behavior, from himself and his brother. Damian glared at Kevin's laughter, regressing back to pretending the Pelisian didn't exist. She watched him bear into his brother, green eyes bright in the darkness, the sharp features of his face held intensity. Yet, he couldn't get his brother to yield. How weak.

"You better leave quickly." He murmured, "before you two start a real war."

Kayla lifted a brow, she almost failed to realize he was speaking to her, because he wouldn't look at her. She flipped her wavy hair behind her shoulder, "Pelisians don't start wars, they finish them." She hissed.

"You won't finish this one." He growled under his breath. They stared into each other's eyes. Normally, no one would be able to hold the intensity of his gaze, he was an heir, the next alpha, but so was she. Their gazes were even, his a blazing green, hers a shining amber.

She was not going to let herself be the first to turn away, she would stand like that all night, if she had too. Raul pushed her sideways, "He's right. We're outnumbered." He whispered bitterly.

"This isn't over." She snarled at Damian.

His scowl turned upside down into a menacing smirk. He said nothing. He didn't have too, he was accepting her challenge. Finally, she twisted away and with Raul accompanying her, they left the Serians behind.