Chapter 13

She recognized them as soon as she heard Regina's voice. Behind her were the triplets, with sickly glares and tricky grins. They must've followed Damian to be this deep in her territory, it pissed her off. It was bad enough to have the Serius heir intruding her diner, but he seriously had to bring his pack of lousy clowns along, too!

Travis, the shorter, fatter, brother stepped up to her. "Have you seen our dear cousin?" He was only about 5'7", exactly eye level with Kayla.

"Why don't you just sniff him out? Your kind tends to release a distinct odor."

Regina hissed at her. "Are you trying to say that we smell?"

Kayla rolled her eyes. "You hiss like a kitten."

Travis shook his head and circled her, "Didn't your daddy ever teach you some manners?"

"Didn't your daddy ever feed you?" She paused suddenly, "Oh, that's right, he did. A little too much, if I do say so myself."

This produced some unwanted laughter from them. They all looked at each other in disbelief and continued to advance on her.

"That's right, I am a big eater, and you best watch your mouth. Cause I'll eat you up too." Travis whispered, his eyes raked over her in a sick passion that made Kayla's skin crawl uncomfortably. He hadn't done anything physically terrible to her, yet. But when he flashed a malicious smile, that very much resembled Kevin's, she knew it was already being done in his filthy imagination.

Trixie chuckled, also approaching, "Maybe we should teach our future cousin-in-law how to respect us."

"Guys", Trent warned. "We're not allowed to touch her."

Kayla lifted an eyebrow at him. He was taller and thinner than Travis, and much quieter. Something about him was almost likeable, if only he wasn't part of such a damned pack. In any other pack, she might have actually considered him as an acquaintance of some sort.

"Shut up, Trent." Regina snapped.

"Yeah, Trent." Travis parroted.

"So tell me, Kayla." Trixie spat, "How does it feel to know you're stealing Regina's guy?"

Regina began approaching now, with steam coming out of her ears. She was being surrounded by them, discomfort slowly crept up her spine like a centipede, but she kept herself composed.

"Steal a half-eaten sandwich from a bum and you'll know what it's like." She replied evenly.

"Are you comparing Damian to a bum!?" Travis accused getting in her face.

"No, Dimwit. I was comparing Regina to a bum, your cousin is nothing but a worthless, used, sandwich." She couldn't help but smile slightly at herself.

Regina snarled, "You won't have that silly grin when I wipe it off for you!" She was already taking lightning quick steps forward, the claws had come out, and she was ready to tear.

"Easy, Regina." Travis said holding out his arm, "We don't want to ruin the bride's pretty face." His eyes traveled up and down Kayla. She breathed in deeply, her eyes glowing a brighter amber than before.

"You know, Damian doesn't want you." He said to her, "Which is such a shame, really. If I was him, I would've destroyed you by now. You wouldn't be able to walk the same again."

She was disgusted, no she was beyond disgusted with this pig. No one had ever spoke to her in such crude sexual terms, save for a few drunken human boys at a party, which was why she stopped going, Raul was getting tired of beating people up, unlike Amarie who had no standards for the attention she recieved. But, Travis had already done it twice, in under two minutes! She never thought a Lobain would lower himself to such dirt, then again, he was a Serius child.