iiii. prophecy

act two, chapter four – prophecy

Fallon taps Finnick who's waving off yet another posse of female fans. "Let's go catch up with them," she nods in the direction of the District 12 victors.

They speed-walk towards the group who are entering the opening doors.

"Can we squeeze in?" Finnick asks. Before they had a chance to respond and the look on Katniss's face that churns with annoyance, they couldn't have stopped the pair even if they wanted to before the glass doors shut.

Peeta shoots them a smile and their mentor nods, but Katniss remains stone-faced. As the doors are nearly closed, a hand flies in between them causing them to retract open with a smooth scrape of metal.

Johanna and she have been good friends for a few years now. The girl doesn't have other friends besides Fallon and Finnick, which was purely due to her terribly honest and brutal attitude. Fallon saw this as a stronger reason to be friends because Johanna had the guts to say what she was always thinking. Johanna seems to lack all feeling and retaliates with violence at everything, but Fallon met her right as she became a Victor. She knew Johanna before the Capitol killed everyone she loved because she wouldn't bend to their restrictions.

Fallon admires Johanna because of it. She still has people to look after; that's what keeps her trapped beneath Snow. But Johanna has nothing to lose, and she loves her for it.

Their feisty personalities blend into one fire together. Finnick has to warn the other guests at parties to stay away from them once a bottle is popped. It was an immediate connection –all their similarities and talking about their pure hatred for Snow behind closed doors. Johanna is one of the only people in all of Panem who shares Fallon's ambition and fury. Combine that with their sarcasm and somewhat careless attitudes, they grew close enough to what two broken girls would consider a bond.

Her hips sway until she pauses in the direct center of the elevator. As usual, she wears a mischievous smirk with the glint of chaos in her eyes. That look always serves as a green light for Fallon.

Johanna scans the room and looks at the District 12 group like she was taking their measurements. Letting the tension grow, she meets eyes with her friend. "Hey, Fallon."

Just being in the same room was enough to make Fallon's own thirst for chaos bubble within her. "Hey, Johanna." A hint of amusement lines her voice, not enough to scare Katniss and Peeta but enough to make them uncomfortable.

Johanna hits floor seven. "I hanging out with you," she says with dreamy light. "But if we're going out, at least it's with a bang." She winks at Fallon.