𝟶𝟷. 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜

Nini's pov

"And at what time?" Ashlyn asked the others.

Me and my friends were just sitting at our usual table in cafeteria. We were talking about the prank that seniors do every year. It's a little tradition here at East High. Every year a group of seniors makes a prank on the teachers and this year is time for my class. We already knew what we wanted to do and we will do it tonight.

"Hey babe" I heard EJ's voice as he was coming at us. He kissed my cheek and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"So what are we talking about?" he asked.

"We were just talking about tonight. I'm so excited. " I answered.

"So how about we meet in parking lot at 8 pm?" Gina suggested. Everyone agreed, and then they started talking about how it would all go. I looked at Ricky who didn't look his best.

"Hey Ricky, are you okay?" I asked, interrupting the conversation with the others. All of us are just looking at Ricky now, which is obvious that he don't like it.

"What?" he looked at me. "Uh, yes, i just... um, I have to go now. See you guys at 7 pm" he said, getting up from his chair and putting his things in his bag.

"8 pm" Kourtney corrected him.

"Yeah, whatever.. 8 pm I got it" Ricky said, running out of the cafeteria.

"What's wrong with him?" I mumbled so no one could hear me.

"Um guys, I'm gonna go talk to Ricky. See you later." Big Red stood up and went looking for the brown-eyed boy with messy hair.

Everyone else then started talking about tonight again. But I didn't listen. I couldn't help but think of Ricky.

What's going on with him? He was fine. We talked, we laughed, we joked, and then his mood changed out of nowhere. I didn't get it.

The others didn't pay much attention to it but I know him best and I know something is going on.

Ricky and I have been best friends since kindergarten. Later we even started dating and I was very happy. We were together for almost a year when I told him I loved him. But he did not say it back. He broke up with me instead. To be fair, he said he wanted to take a break. But everyone knows, except for Ross from Friends, there is no such thing as a break. People only take breaks when they don't know if they want to be together anymore.

Of course it broke my heart. But I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Later I started dating EJ with whom I am until now. Ricky and I then found our way to each other again, but only as friends. Which is cool. I'm fine with that. Totally cool. I'm happy with EJ. I only care about Ricky as a friend.

"I need to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back."

...

Ricky's pov

I basically ran away. But is anyone surprised? How can anyone expect me to be completely fine with watching this dude hugging with my Nini? Like.. not my Nini. but..uh..