𝟸𝟸. 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢

Gina's pov

"I'm sorry EJ, but no." I told him.

"N-no?" He was shocked.

"EJ—"

"No it's fine... I um- I understand.. I just thought we, uh– we were..." he tried to put one sentence together, but failed.

I hate to see him like this. Of course I like him and I would love to go on a date with him, but there is one reason why we can't be together. And that is.....

Nini.

She is my best friend.... well.. not anymore I guess, cause she hates me. But I still don't want to hurt her..... more than I already did.

"I'm so sorry EJ."

"It's okay." he told me but I could see on his face that it wasn't okay. He's a good actor but I've known him for a while now and I know when he's lying. EJ has never really been rejected by a girl and I feel terrible that I am the first one.

"No, it's not. Look... I will be honest with you." when I said that he looked at me nervously. "I'd like to go on a date with you. Seriously. But...."

"But?"

"But I don't want to hurt Nini again. I won't hurt her again." I finished.

"No– wait, that's the last thing I want to do." he said honestly.

So I guess we're done here. We just can't be together, that is the true and we have to learn to respect it.

"That's why..." he continued. "I talked to her about it a while ago."

Wait what?

That shocked me. I did not expect that... like at all. At this point I didn't quite understand what was going on.

"I apologized to her and told her how I feel about you, and she replied that even though we both hurt her, she want us to be happy."

"And can you tell me how do you feel about me?" I asked with a smile.

"I actually do like you." he told me smiling as he touched my hands. "I like you a lot."

"I like you a lot too."

At that moment we were just smiling at each other and couldn't stop, he was still holding my hands and looking into my eyes.

"But..." I ruined the moment. "...before we do anything, I would like to talk to Nini too."

"Yes...  of course! I understa—"

"Guys!" suddenly the classroom door opened and our friends came out. The two of us quickly let go of each other's hands and tried to pretend that nothing had happened. "There you are! You won't believe what just happened."

"What?"

"It worked? Did someone's phone ring?"

"Well..... we heard a ringing." Carlos told us happily.

"No way! Whose mobile was it?"

"Lily's phone."  Seb answered EJ's question.

"So she did it to us?"

"We are not sure, but we think so." they answered me.

"But how can we be one hundred percent sure?"

There was silence for a moment, no one said anything because we were all thinking of a way we could find out.

"We have no other choice." we heard Nini's quiet voice. "We need to talk to her."