𝟸𝟷. 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗

Nini's pov

"Well?? Do you like her?" I asked again.

"I- I don't know–" he replied nervously  not looking me in the eyes.

"What do you mean 'you don't know'? It's a yes or no question."

"I um, maybe... I think, I do.. I'm sorry Nini I never meant to hurt you–"

"No, it's cool... I guess we just weren't meant to be." I said honestly.

I don't even know why, but It doesn't bother me. I don't mind that he likes her, and I don't mind that she obviously likes him. Maybe I'd feel differently if I didn't know how Ricky feel about me. But I have someone who loves me and someone I love. And that's enough for me.

"If you want to be with her... be with her." I told him and he finally looked at me. He had a surprised look on his face. He didn't expect this.

"Wh- what?" I know he's thinking I'm kidding.

"I'm serious. Look... I don't want anything bad for you, I wish you all the best.. Did you guys hurt me? Yes and a lot. But– I'm not the type of person who needs revenge.. I'll be honest, you two are important people in my life but I don't want to be friends with you anymore. I can't, not now. But I want you to be happy, and if you're happy together, I don't want to stand in your way. Because I also want to be happy and I will not let anyone stand in my way." I finished my speech and he just stand there quietly. He probably doesn't know what to say.

"Wow– um..." he started. "This actually makes me feel even worse." he laughed nervously.

"What do you mean?"

"You are so nice Nini. I'm an idiot who has done terrible things to you and you won't even yell at me? If I were you, I would have killed me already. But you don't... You tell me all those sweet words and that you want me to be happy and I can't believe I lost such a good friend."

Now I don't know what to say. He makes it so hard for me.. On the one hand I want to forgive him but on the other hand I can't believe what he did to me and I can't forget how it hurt me.

...I can't.

"I agree that you're an idiot." when I said that even more sadness appeared on his sad face. "But..." this one word gave him hope, he looked into my eyes waiting for me to tell him more. "...who knows? Maybe one day we'll be friends again."

"Really?" he showed me a big smile.

"Yeah.." I nodded. "But not right now!" I reminded him.

"I'm okay with that."

"Well, we should probably go and find out who did this to us."

"I hope the plan succeeds. But honestly I have no high hopes." He said as he started walking.

"Yeah, me neither." I agreed and followed him.

There was silence on the way to the classroom and I was quite happy about it. I don't feel like talking to EJ right now..

..we were almost there when I heard his voice.

"Can I ask you something too? And I want you to answer honestly."

"Um, okay." I nodded and he looked at me with a weird look and I began to worry about what could possibly be his question.

"You and bowen?" was all he said.

"Uh, sorry but it's not your business."

"Oh, sorry for askin–"

"Oh, sorry I just- no, um sorry I didn't want to be mean. Uh... I guess you- you can say that me and ricky we um, let's say we're back together."

"Good for you. Really. I'm glad that you're happy."

"And I want you to be. Go find Gina." when I told him this, we were already at the door to the class where the others were waiting for us. EJ looked at me one more time and then happily ran after Gina.

Gina's pov

"Gina? Can we talk?" EJ came up to me.

"Um, I don't know..."

"Please"

"Fine..." I gave up.

EJ started walking out of the room and I followed him. We also walked by Nini who was watching us that entire time.

EJ stopped in the hallway next to the lockers. I stood opposite him and gave him a sign that he could speak.

"All right, well... I only have one question..." he started but didn't finish.

"And that is?" I raised my eyebrow.

I didn't understand what was going on. He looked almost.. nervous?? He is never nervous. He is EJ Caswell. What's wrong with him?

"Right um– would you maybe want to go out with me sometimes? I mean.. just us two, like on a date." When he said that a huge smile appeared on my face. He wants to go on a date with me.

But then I remembered one thing that makes me do what I did.

"I'm sorry EJ, but no."

. . .

Nini's pov

"Where are they??"

"We can't wait any longer for them, because someone can leave and we can't risk it. We have to do it now." Kourtney whispered.

"All right.." Ashlyn said quietly as she pulled out her phone.

Our plan was to call the unknown number that sent us the message yesterday and we'll see if someone's phone rings.

..It's not the best plan but we don't have a better one.

Ash did exactly what we planned and then we just waited. We hoped that in a few seconds we would hear a phone ring so we could—"

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud sound.

Mobile ringtone.

We were all shocked that the plan seriously worked. We were looking for the person whose phone belonged to. After a while we found him. The person with the phone that made the loud sound in his hand was.....

  Lily.

——————

Hey besties!

I just wanted to let you know that my new book is out now, and if you're not sick of me trying to write stories, I'd appreciate it if you took the time and check it out.

Right person, wrong time

Love you, Sof♡