𝟹𝟷. 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎

Nini's pov 

I'm super nervous about what was about to happen right now. 

Yesterday on our date I told Ricky the truth about the project and everything turned out to be good. Even though it was hard for him, my jealous boyfriend understood that I had no choice but to work with him. 

...well today is the day that work begins. 

I'm sitting in my living room with the TV on but I don't even know what I'm watching. My knees are shaking.. actually my whole body is shaking. 

He should be here any minute. 

I'm not nervous about Ricky getting angry or anything like that.. I told him what was going to happen today but I'm just afraid to be alone with him.

It's awful to just sit here and think about it, so  I went to the kitchen, opened the fridge, and looked for orange juice.

As I drank I heard the bell ring.

The stress became bigger.

I slowly began to walk toward the door, but as I stood in front of it, I stopped in fear...

I have no idea what will happen today. You never know what he will say or what he will do. But I do know that I will try to do as much work as possible today so that we don't have to meet like this again. 

I seem to have been thinking for a long time, because after a while I heard the bell ring again.

I took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hi Nini."

"Hey Brett." I smiled a little. "Come in."

He did as I said, he entered my house and then followed me into the dining room. There we sat down at a large wooden table
"So where do we start?" he asked me as he pulled his book out of his backpack.

"Well we have to write our opinion about the book so I would just do it by writing something about each chapter." I suggested.

"Yeah, sure." he said and opened the book on the first chapter.

Time flew so fast. We've been working for hours. Our essay already had 1769 words but it has to have a lot more than that and we still have a lot of work to do. I already know that it won't be done today. But I wanna do at least half of it and I will do everything I can for it.

"Don't you want to take a break?" he told me  suddenly. "We have been working non-stop for two hours. We deserve it."

"But we still have a lot of work to do, we are only in the third chapter." I objected.

"Okay and what if we make a compromise?" he asked with a smile. "Just five minutes?"

"Okay." I finally agreed. "Would you like something to drink?"

"Yeah, thanks."

I stood up and walked into the kitchen, but I didn't know he was following me.

"So..." I was a little frightened when I heard his voice as I didn't know I was not alone in the room.  

"So?"

"Have you read the whole book yet?"

"Um, no. I had planned to finish reading yesterday but in the end I didn't have time so..."

"And what did you do yesterday?" he asked me not expecting such an answer as was true.

"Um..." I started really wondering if this was the right time to say it.