𝟸𝟻. 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜

Ricky's pov

It's morning and even though I prefer to sleep, I have to go to school...

...so I'm sitting in the car and the song Falling by Harry Styles is playing on the radio. Nini loves this song... it's a shame she's not here with me now.

I drove around her house with a little sadness but I tried to ignore it.

***

"Hey." I told my friend when I finally came to school.

"Oh, hi Ricky!" Red looked at me with a smile while I opened my locker near him. "Are you okay?" he asked me when he noticed that I did not return the smile. "Did something happen?"

"No, everything is fine." I answered simply. I'm not in the mood to talk about it now. In fact, I'm not in the mood to talk about anything.

"Really?" 

"Yeah, why would you even ask that?" 

"Because your face looks like you've been crying for four hours... if not more." 

Well... I feel that way. 

"Come on dude, tell your bff what's going on." he said smiling.

"Okay, so first never ever ever say the word bff again. At least not when you're talking about me. And second... I don't want to talk about it-"

"So something is bothering you." he interrupted me, enjoying that he was right. 

Right now he definitely feels like Sherlock. 

"Talk." he ordered me, raising an eyebrow that created a curious look on his face.

"Well..." I started when I decided to tell him. "You're right," I admitted looking into the ground. "I'm not in the best mood–"

"I would say you look miserable." he said but didn't continue when he saw my rolling eyes. "Never mind, go on."

"So basically..." I started the sentence but again something interrupted me but this time it wasn't my annoying friend with red hair. It was something completely different, something that made my day even worse..

I saw the girl, but not alone.

"What? ....what happened?" redhead did not understand.

I didn't answer. I was too busy looking at them... well, to be honest I wasn't just looking.. I was staring.

Big Red noticed where I was looking and turned in that direction.

"Ohhhhhh," he said, aware of what was happening, "I get it now. You don't like the idea of Nini having a conversation with some other guy." he laughed.

"Yeah, don't you want to shout it a little louder to make sure everyone hears it?" I asked sarcastically.

"Why? It's not like she doesn't know you like her." smiling Red looked at me.

I didn't say anything.... I mean, he's right. Nini knows I like her, she even knows I love her. And if it was up to me, I'd let Red scream it all over the town, I would do it myself, but someone doesn't want anyone to know.

"Well, if it bothers you so much, go there and tell that guy to disappear." my still smiling friend told me.

"I can not."

"Why not? Are you afraid she will be upset or that you will embarrass yourself? You're her boyfriend, you have a right to be jealous."

"Yup."

There was silence after my one-word answer. Big Red was quiet and looking at me with his huge smile. I just looked sadly at the girl.

He still didn't understand why I wasn't going there, but then the smile disappeared, he probably realized something and he's about to tell me.

"Wait, you are back together aren't you?"

Technically we are.

....but technically we are not when there are people around us. It's a bit complicated... okay maybe not just a bit.

"Well, sometimes we are..."

"Sometimes?" he looked surprised. "What does sometimes mean?"

"Um–"

"Wait," he interrupted me, "you were extremely happy when you informed me yesterday that you are back together. So what exactly is the situation?"

"We are together." I said quickly. "We are, it's just that..." I didn't even know how to continue.

"What?" he was curious.

"Nini doesn't want anyone to find out yet."

"Okay ........why?"

I'm asking that too.

"Apparently she would look like a slut if not even twenty-four hours after she broke up with EJ she would be with me. Sooo....."

"Okay, I get it, that is understandable and quite smart–"

"What? You agree with this? You are my friend you have to be on my side."

"I am your friend but there are no sides. Both of you want the same thing and that is to be together." he told me. "And girls are a little more sensitive than guys. Even though you sometimes act like a little gi—"

"Okay back to the point."

"The point is that even if it takes a little longer, you will eventually be together ...and I think it's worth it, don't you?"

"You're right."

Sometimes I don't know why I'm friends with this guy and that is when a situation like this happens and I know right away why this guy is my bff, I mean bestie, I mean best friend!

Best friend!!!

Oh God what is wrong with me?!

"Even though I can hug and kiss her only when we are alone, it is worth it. And it's definitely a hundred percent better than looking at her doing these things with EJ."

"You see... the most important thing is that every minute you spend together, you both have that huge weird smiles on your face." I smiled at that.

We do have that kind of smile.

"I guess sometimes is better than nothing."

It is.

"Okay, but I'm leaving now because I can't look at that anymore. " I pointed to the jerk who was talking to my girlfriend.

"Right, I'll see yo–" Red started but stopped when he saw me leaving. "See you in class!!" he shouted anyway.

——————

I'm baaaaaaack people!!!!!

Sofia is alive and ready to write again!

Yay!

Thank you for your patience.. Thanks for waiting so long for this chapter, but it is finally here. I do appreciate each and every single one of you. Soooo happy for  your support <3333