𝟸𝟼. 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝

Nini's pov

I went to school alone this morning. Ricky wanted to take me, but he took me yesterday and I don't want it to be suspicious. Not even all people know that EJ and I broke up yet and I don't want them to think I'm a whore.

When I came to school a while ago, I went straight to my locker. I opened it and looked at my schedule to know which class I had first.

Then I heard someone's voice behind my back: "Hi, Nini." I turned in that direction and saw Brett, one of my classmates.

"Oh, hey." I responded quietly.

"I uh- I heard you and EJ broke up.."

"I didn't know people were talking about it." I interrupted him when I mumbled this.

"Yeah, um well and I just wanted to know.. how are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, actually." I smiled. "Um, I don't know if you know this, but I broke up with EJ. Not the other way around." I explained to him. He was just looking at me, not even winking. It was obvious that he was in shock. I'm not surprised since EJ is not known for the girls breaking up with him. In fact, the complete opposite.

"Oh, I didn't know that." he finally said. "Sorry that, um I assumed it was different than it was."

"That's fine, you couldn't have known." I said as I looked in my locker because I thought our conversation was over.

"So..."

It seems like we're not done yet.

"...this is a little embarrassing that I'm asking this, but.."

oh boy

"now that you're single.."

I am not actually.

"...would you maybe consider going on a date with me?"

shit

this is not good

Quick, I need help.

What should I say? What should I say?? What should I saaaayyyy??????

He is standing right in front of me waiting for my answer but I don't know what to say. Should I tell him I'm dating someone? And that it's Ricky? Or should I go with him?

-no... no, no, no! The last question is stupid, I mean, the answer is no.

....right?

"Nini?" I heard Brett's voice again because I was thinking about it for too long and he wanted an answer.

"Uh yes sorry, um, I just didn't expect this, that's all." I finally somehow, I don't know how said one whole sentence. I didn't lie. I'm very surprised. But it makes me more stressed that I don't know how to answer.

"I know it must be shocking to you, but honestly, I've been thinking about it for a long time, but I couldn't say anything because of your relationship with EJ." he admitted.

ok that's kinda sweet.. he didn't want to break someone's relationship... but I have another relationship now.

AAAGGHHH what do I do?

And then.. I got the idea.

we are going to play emotions :)

"I'm sorry Brett, but I just ended one relationship and I don't feel like starting a new one right away."

this is a complete lie

"Um yes, of course, that makes sense. I just wanted to tell you until someone else tells you so I don't miss my chance again."