𝟷𝟾. 𝙸 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞

Nini's pov

I can't believe he really told me that.

'I love you.'

Ricky Bowen loves me.

That one person I'm so in love with, loves me too. Oh my god..

And I said: 'I don't know'

Why would I say that??

Of course I still love him. I'm just scared that he will hurt me again. Last time we broke up, it really affected me. I cried for days, maybe weeks..  but I do love him and I can't change that. And he- he loves me too...

Okay well, honestly.. I wasn't expecting that. And now I don't know what to do, what to say.

Do I love him? yes.

Do I want to get back together? yeah..

But am I scared? yup.

"Guys, we're back!" My thoughts were interrupted by Ashlyn and Kourtney who had just returned to the room.

"Well?" we were curious.

"It was true." the girls answered. "The doors are suddenly unlocked, we can go home if we wan–"

"Of course we want to." Carlos cut them off and ran to pick up his bag and we all did the same.

It's time to go home. Finally.

. . .

We came out of the school door and some of us have already left to find their cars so that they can finally leave this horror place.

We waved, said goodbye, and I started walking home. I was a little happy to be alone, as there are a few people I want to be as far away as possible right now.

"Nini, wait!" I heard the voice of someone who was one of those people. I stood there and watched him run towards me.

"What do you want Ricky?"

"Where are you going?" he raised his eyebrows. "I'll take you home."

"No Ricky, uh I'll go alone."

"And can I know why?" he asked curiously.

"Because I want to be alone." I simply answered.

"Is this because of my secret? Are you avoiding me?" he said his questions and I didn't know what to answer them.

Should I tell him the truth?

'—Yes, it's because of that secret, and yes, I'm trying to avoid you, but I'm not very good at it because I'm here talking to you. And it's all happening because I'm afraid that when I'm alone with you I might say something I'm not sure if I want to say it.'

But I can't tell him that, can I?

"No Ricky, no offense, but not everything is about yo-"

"Great." he interrupted me. "So there is no reason why I can't take you home." he smiled.

I know many reasons...

He turned and began walking towards his car. He opened the door for me and looked at me.
"Come on."

This will not end well.

. . .

The car ride was quiet. I didn't want to say anything and he was also silent, for which I am grateful to him.

But I know the time will come when I will have to talk to him about it and I'm afraid of it.

I don't even know what to tell him, since I'm very confused myself.