Chapter Twenty-Four: Hotel Room

** I can't italicize anything from my phone SO, everywhere you see // \\\ means that it was italicized. Okay thanks! **

Chapter Twenty-Four: Hotel Room

**Niall's POV**

Once I paid Bermuda the money, with a lot of help from the boys, we hurried out of the restaurant, desperate to put some space between us and Bermuda. Katie refused to sit next to anyone and we all agreed to let her sit in the far back of the car alone.

"Hey Katie, you okay?" Harry asks gently. He's sitting in the passenger seat next to Louis who's driving.

I turn in my seat to look at her. She's practically curled in on herself, staring out the window. Her loose blonde curls frame her face, a couple strands covering her face. Her big glasses hide her brown eyes that have the habit of flicking from place to place. I notice that she's nervously picking at her fingernails.

"Hey Katie, you sure you don't want any company?" I ask gently. With this girl I feel like I have to speak quietly. She looks like she'd prefer to just run away.

She shakes her head. "I'm fine thank you," she mumbles.

I nod and sit back in my seat. Zayn gives me a sideways glance that I don't understand.

"So Katie where do you live? We can go get your stuff and tell your folks," Louis says, surprisingly keeping himself calm.

"I have everything already," she says quietly.

Harry turns in his seat confused, giving me a wide-eyed look. "What?!" I mouth to him.

He looks over at Katie. "You only have that bag?"

"Yes."

"Nothing else?"

"No."

We all sit back, stunned into silence. Who is this girl and what is her deal? Why does she cut and have no home and nothing but a bag to her name?

If I didn't have questions before, I have much more now.

"Tell you what Katie, we'll take you out shopping in Vegas after we get ourselves settled," Louis says kindly.

"Thank you, but I'm fine."

"Well it's really not up for discussion babe," Louis snaps but quickly says, "Sorry...I mean it's our treat."

Katie stays quiet and I wonder if Louis hurt her feelings. Actually I wonder a lot of things.

Like whether or not this was a smart thing to do.

**Katie's POV**

"Come on come on and dance with me baby! Yeaaah! The music is so loud! I wanna be yours now!" The boys in the car all sing loudly but completely in tune with eachother.

I keep quiet and focus on the outside as I'm driven to some place in Vegas. I'm shaking. This is something I've never done. I don't trust easily.

I have reasons.

The music shuts off and Liam turns to me. "Katie, we're almost there. When we arrive there's going to be huge crowds of people and a whole lot of screaming. Also cameras will be everywhere," Liam explains, trying to speak calmly.

I don't hear him. I can't hear anything but the load pounding of my heart. Hundreds of people trying to claw their way through me to them would not be something I could tolerate so easily. Their hands just grabbing..and their eyes looking at me.

Suddenly there are arms around me and I can't breath.

// Strong arms snake around my waist. The smell of liquor on his breath as he breathed down my neck. \\