Chapter Thirty-Six: Rihanna

**Liam's POV**

"YOU HAD MY HEART. AND WE'LL NEVER BE WORLDS APART. BABY IN MAGAZINES..," Louis sings at the top of his lungs. Rihanna's voice blasts out from the stereo system. The wind traveling in from the open windows blow Louis' hair messily and he constantly reaches up to fix it again.

The sun has already set. The night sky is clear and I can see millions of bright stars glowing down on Louis and I. The full moon provides an eerie light.

I reach over and shut off the radio. "Hey!" Louis protests. "What'd you do that for?"

"I can't hear myself think," I say simply.

Louis groans and leans his chair back so he can prop his feet up on the dash. "Your problem is, Liam, that you think a little too much. I'm sure if you just let go and breathe a bit then you would notice how beautiful it is right now, right here on the open road. Just try to relax a bit. Niall is bound to be somewhere. He's a smart lad."

"But Louis! He's also a very sick lad. What if he's dying somewhere and here we are just driving around?" The thought of him being out there alone just makes me feel nauseous.

Louis sighs and reaches over to touch my arm. "He's fine. Trust me."

Trust me...The words repeat in my head, bouncing against the walls of my head. Trust Louis in knowing Niall's fine. Trust Niall in knowing he's okay on his own. Trust myself to not lose sanity.

"Okay," I say and sit up straighter in my seat. "Okay," I repeat more confidently. It was time to let go a bit of the uptight, worrisome Liam Payne.

I grip the steering wheel and stomp down on the gas with a loud scream of adrenaline. I roll down all the windows of the car, causing the wind to whip around us. I shiver but not from the cold. I scream ecstatically, my entire body feeling alight with power.

"LIAM! SLOW DOWN!" Louis squeaks from the passenger seat. He digs his hands into the armrests, his body pushing itself further back into the seat as if he could disappear into the material. He looks at me in pure terror and I just bellow with laughter.

"Come on Lou! Isn't this great! Aren't you the reckless driver?! This should be natural to you!" I stomp down harder on the gas, the car zipping down the open road. The speedometer on the car hits 100 MPH and I push it to go faster.

Louis screams at the top of his lungs, his hand grabbing my arm. "LIAM SLOW DOWN!"

But there are no cars ahead of me or behind me. I see no reason to slow down. Life in the fast lane.

"RELAX AND ENJOY THE FAST LIFE!" I scream and pump my fists in the air. Louis yells when I let of the steering wheel and he grabs it, glaring at me angrily.

"I said to relax! Not be stupid!" He spits.

I chuckle and take the wheel again, my foot never easing off the gas. "Relax would you?" Louis acts like something bad will happen. I roll my eyes before screaming with excitement again. "Fast life!" I yell.

"FAST LIFE?! How about fast death! Cause that's what this'll be Liam!"

"Louis, I know what I'm doing. Stop screaming at me." He's ruining my moment.

I turn the music back on and blast the radio. I gasp at recognizing the song. "I LOVE THIS SONG! 'WE FELL IN LOVE IN A HOPELESS PLAAAACE! WE FELL IN LOVE IN A HOOOOPPPEEELEESSS PLACE!" Rihanna must be really big right now. They keep playing her songs.

"YOU'RE CRAZY!" Louis yells at me.

I turn and grin at him, the speed of the car and the song beats just flaming me with more adrenaline. "Maybe I am. WATCH THIS!" I scream and fling my seatbelt off. "I'M DANGEROUS! WOOOH!"