Chapter Three: Beep beep beep

Chapter Three

*Present time**

***Niall's POV***

Beep. Beep. Beep. I keep my face buried in my pillow as my annoying alarm clock goes off. I groan and reach out my arm ready to hit snooze. My hand swipes at nothing but air. Strange.

I sit up in my bed and take in my surroundings. Sterile white walls, uncomfortable bed, rails, an IV... I know where I am instantly. I'm in a hospital, but why?

The door opens and Zayn walks in looking gloomy. He glances over at me and sees that I'm awake, his smile instantly making an appearance. However, it doesn't feel...right. Something in his stance tells me there's something wrong.

"You're awake. Good, the boys will be happy to hear that," Zayn says as he walks towards the bed and flops down into the arm chair. He leans towards me and I notice the deep bags under his eyes.

"Where are the other boys?" I ask. There are hardly any days where we are apart.

"They had to do an interview. Technically we all did but I stayed here with you." Zayn answers as he settles back into the chair, putting his left ankle on his knee. I don't think it's very comfortable though as he keeps moving around in the chair.

"Wait, I thought the interview was next week?" I ask. In fact, I'm pretty certain it's next week. I've been looking forward to this interview because it's our first one after coming back to the states.

"Ermm..," Zayn trails off. His fingers tap against his phone rapidly for a few moments before he returns his attention back to me. "You've been out for almost a week Niall."

I search his features for some kind of joke or haha! moment but can't find even a hint of humor. I'm confused. Why had I been out for a week? Why am I even in a hospital?

The room seems to grow hotter with each passing second and I wipe at my brow, shivering as my freezing skin comes in contact with my face. The air is stale and putrid, burning my nose with every breath I take in. Zayn's looking at me strange but I can't say anything. It's like my brain is on lockdown and I'm trapped in a jail cell.

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. The beeping is out of control and I swear each beep is louder than the last. I want to cover my ears. I want to get away. Beep. Beep. Beep.

"NURSE!!" Zayn yells and he's on his feet, crossing the room in two seconds. "NURSE!!" His voice booms from outside the room. Too loud. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

A woman rushes in with a tight smile on her face. Cockroaches crawl in the gaps of her teeth and I back away into the bed. Her eyes are pitch black, scary. Beep. Beep. Beep. No. I don't want her to touch me. She comes closer, so close, ending the space between us. No. No. Beep. Beep.

"Niall! Niall this won't hurt a bit okay, honey?" She talks slow and I hate it, makes me feel like a child. She reaches for my arm and I yank it away. No. "ZAYN, I need you to hold him down," she commands the older boy. He's biting his lip, looking at me with wide eyes.

He reaches me and grabs my shoulders. Beep. Beep. Beep. I want to puke as the smell of cigarettes invade the already acidic air. The nurse leans over my face. Worms are coming out of her skin like she's some form of fruit. I'm screaming, fighting her in my attempts at getting away from her rotten flesh. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. I can't breathe. Something pinches me and the lady smiles at me with that stupid grin of hers.

Beep...beep...beep.

They let go of me and I hate them. I hate them for everything. Zayn stands there with his smirk on his pretty boy face. His body grows taller and taller until its towering over me. I don't understand. I...

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The world goes black.

**A/N**  

Yes, it's now in present tense. I'd love it if you could leave me some feedback! Thanks for reading. This chapter was interesting to write. Check out my other 1D fanfic! Uncontrollable Desires (: