Chapter Thirty-Seven: Harry

**Harry's POV**

I'm pacing around the hotel room as Niall sleeps on one of the beds. I cleaned the blood off his face and changed him out of the hoodie before laying him down. He's still out cold and for now it's good enough for me.

I still can't figure out why he was running away. The only possible solution I can think up is that he was hallucinating. Even with a hallucination though, he shouldn't have been so reckless as to throw himself out into a busy street.

I really wish this would all just stop. I wish that we would all just wake up and it would turn out that we were all in a coma or something. Maybe we were all in a car accident together and then doctors hooked our brains together and that's why we all seem to think we're living, but in reality, we are actually in doctors' offices being watched and monitored. Maybe it wasn't a car crash but our plane crashed on our way towards some different city or something. I would take any different case scenario than the one I'm in right now. 

I stop pacing and sit on the bed opposite of Niall's. The bed groans under my weight as if it were protesting against being sat on. I just run a hand over my face exhausted and groan as well. I should probably  call Liam and Louis and notify them that I've found Niall. I don't know where they have gone since they didn't bother to contact me before leaving. Some friends.

Niall groans and rolls over on to his face. When his face presses into a pillow he groans again and turns his head to face me. His eyes are shut and mouth hanging open a bit. His skin is pale and tight on his face.

I turn away and pull out my phone. I call Louis and wait for him to answer. The call is answered by loud music and laughter.

"Hello?" I identify the music as Rihanna and Liam must be the one laughing.

"HARRY! HI!" Louis screams into the phone and I fling my arm away for a brief second.

"Is everything okay?!" I ask.

"YEAH. DID YOU FIND HIM?" Louis is yelling. The sound of air rushing into the phone makes it difficult to hear him. "HARRRRYYY!" Liam yells in the background. He sounds insane. 

"Lou? What's going on?! I found him yeah, but what's going on?! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" My heart beat increases as I hear screaming coming from Liam. What the hell is he doing?

"WHAT? NO, I CAN'T HEAR-" Louis suddenly breaks off and there's a loud thump.

"LOUIS? LOUIS!" I scream desperately wanting to know what's happening.

"LIAM EYES ON THE ROAD!" I hear Louis scream followed by the sound of tires screeching against the pavement.

"LOUIS? LIAM?! GODDAMNIT HELLO?!" I can't feel my hands. They're shaking too hard. 

I feel helpless. What can I do from this end of a phone call? The only thing I have the ability of doing right now is listening. It's the feeling of uselessness that really makes my skin crawl. I hate being unable to even do anything. It's like the situation with Niall's cancer. I can't do anything about it. 

I notice Niall has woken up from my screaming.

"LIAM!" Louis screams, his voice so full of terror. 

My eyes widen as I suddenly picture everything that's happening. Liam driving and losing control. Louis sitting in the passenger seat trying to stop Liam from doing whatever the hell he's doing. The phone that connects me to the situation probably lying somewhere by Louis' feet. 

For a split second everything goes quiet. My heartbeat stills in my chest and I hold my breath, listening for a clue as to what's happening. 

And then there's the sound of metal crunching and glass breaking and boys screaming and Rihanna's voice playing like a song of a siren. A song of death.