Chapter Thirty- Three: Gone

**A/N** I don't want to give anything away on an authors note, so please read carefully and pay attention! Enjoy! (:

Chapter Thirty-Three: Gone

**Niall's POV**

If you could have one thing in the world, one little wish that could grant you access to anything you want, anything that your mind could possibly think of, what would you ask for? I used to think the answer to that question was beer. I mean who doesn't like the satisfying taste of a good pint to drown out the world around you!? A couple of times I thought the one thing I wanted most in life was to find my one true love, that one girl that I'd walk down the aisle towards and hold in my arms as the affect of old age catches up with us. However, I've most recently come to terms with the one thing I want most: time.

If I had more time I would be able to do everything I want in my lifetime. It would also give me some time to try and part ways with the lads in a more subtle way than dying in some hospital bed. I wouldn't have to worry about seeing their unhappy faces looming over me as I watched at some distant place above them- a place that I don't even know if I believe in fully- and instead would be able to just break apart from them with a simple goodbye. With time I would be able to give them space, allowing them to get used to not having me around, and when I finally died it wouldn't come as a terrible shock to any of them.

But I don't have time. So I must act as quickly as possible and not dare waste anymore precious time.

The doctors told me a couple minutes ago that I would be good to go and that he would bring my friends into the room to get me out of here. I nodded and agreed with waiting for them, acting as if the only thing on my mind was making my escape out of this sterile place. And it was. However, my plans didn't involve waiting around for the lads to come and get me.

When I'm sure the doctor isn't around, I toss the covers off of me and get out of the hospital bed. My bare feet press against the cold tiles and I shiver in response. I need shoes. I glance around the room for my socks and shoes. I find them in one of the corners and quickly slip them on. I have to move quickly or my plan will be ruined and the lads will catch me before I get to leave.

I head towards the door but pause when my hands on the knob. Can I really leave them? A couple months or even weeks ago I would have said no without any hesitation, but now I find that everything has changed. It's not a question on whether I could leave them or not, but should I. And the only answer I can think of is yes.

But I don't want to leave without saying my last goodbyes. I turn back into the room and grab the first paper I see. It's a diagnosis paper on me that I don't feel like reading even if I had the time. I grab a pen and start writing.

Once I'm satisfied with it I fold it up and glance around me at the room. I could leave it on the bed but that would risk having someone else pick it up. I don't want anyone to read the note other than the lads. I slide it into my pocket and decide to stop by our hotel and leave it there. At least then I know that they'll read it.

With one last glance at the hospital room, I open the door and walk out. I expect to run into one of the lads but they aren't anywhere in sight. My hand hovers over the note in my pocket as I walk down the halls.

With the sound of my shoes against tile and the weight of the note in my pocket, I leave.

**Liam's POV**

"Where is he?!" Louis exclaims.

We both search the room but find no sign of the blond. My heartbeat keeps pounding as my mind makes up worse case scenarios that we could be dealing with. Niall could be suffering some kind of hallucination that made him get out of the bed and leave the room. He could be in some room right now, backed up against a wall as he fights off imaginary demons. Or worse, he could be being taken to some other room where they'll prick him with needles, take his blood, test his organs for practical use once he no longer needs them.