Chapter One

WILLOW'S POV

"Willow I need to pee."Charlie whined from the back seat.

"I know buddy but we have twenty more minutes to the drive. Think you can hold it?"I asked hopefully.

There was nothing wrong with stopping by the side of the road and helping my seven year old brother pee but when it came to Charlie it was not that easy. He was disabled, couldn't stand properly so stopping would be a lot trickier. I had to retrieve his wheelchair, help him on it, help him pee then reverse the whole process.

"Yes, I can hold it."He assured me with a winning grin.

"Okay bud, hold on. Who's my big boy?"I cheered looking at him via the rear view mirror.

"I am."He yelled back.

"Yes you are."I concurred with a smile.

I had been driving for more than four hours and as tired as I was, I knew that Charlie was feeling worse. He had to endure all those hours stuck in a car. Even without his disability he would have been uncomfortable, his curved spine just made it worse for him.

Charlie was born with Congenital scoliosis which reduced his mobility confining him to a wheelchair. He would have been okay had my wretched mother agreed to him getting the surgery he needed while young. Instead she had ignored the problem and instead bought Charlie a brace which didn't actually help, just made him uncomfortable as the plastic hurt his arms. I was saving up for the surgery though, he would just have to suffer a few more months until his eight birthday. His video games helped distract him from getting too irritable so I was definitely grateful to the world of online gaming.

My mother, the woman responsible for my miserable existence was also the reason why we were both stuck in the car for so long. She had recently tied the knot, again, for the fourth time and I was definitely not supportive just as I hadn't been the first three times. There was nothing wrong with marriage, it was a beautiful thing between two loving people, my mother just did it too many times and for all the wrong reasons.

Pamela or Pam as she preferred was a thirty two year old beautiful black woman with two children, four marriages under he belt and probably more to come. She became pregnant with me at the age of fifteen. My grandma had been the maid to a rich family way before I was born. My mom slept with the bosses son who impregnated her. The rich asshole denied it so my mom and grandma were chased away. My grandma disowned my mom and I was born nine months later in a shabby motel. My mom almost gave me up for adoption were it not for the rich guy who took pity on her and married her, making her a trophy wife and me the perfect spoiled stepdaughter.

Her first husband Chuck, died when I was three leaving my mom all his fortune and after that it was one rich bastard after another. She married old and stupid white men who loved having a hot young black wife so they were easy to manipulate. Her new husband, Robert for once was much younger, so hopefully he'd be smarter and run before she got her claws too deep in him.

I was not excited to be moving to a new town for the umpteenth time. It never gave me a chance to set down roots or make friends, not that I needed any, people were backstabbing bitches as I'd learned over the years. All I needed was Charlie, as long as I had my brother by my side I could face anything. I just didn't like how the moves affected him, he didn't have any friends, real friends away from his gaming friends. He never got a chance to be actually be a kid before my mom uprooted us and moved us to another town. Charlie had been to three schools already yet he was only going to second grade. As much as I didn't like it, I was only seventeen so we had to stick with my mom until I was of legal age. Immediately I turned eighteen it would be bye bye fucked up mom and hello to new adventures for just me and Charlie.