Chapter Twenty Eight

WILLOW'S POV

Ever since I met Henry I'd never had a reason to be nervous around him. Being with him was as easy as breathing but at the moment I couldn't catch a breath. I had said yes to going out with him and after two weeks of him recuperating from the fight with his brother the day had finally arrived for our first date. Saying I was nervous would be an understatement, I couldn't think straight, my thoughts were all jumbled up and even the simplest tasks seems trivial like getting dressed.

I was seated on the floor of my closet with only a towel wrapped around me trying to decide if going out with Henry was a good idea. Saying yes had been so easy but I blamed that on my frozen brain cells after being in the lake for too long. Our kiss as we ushered in the new year had been great and I wanted more of that but was kissing a good enough reason to go out with someone. Henry was hot, no doubt about that but it wouldn't be just physical between us. There would be feelings involved and that was new territory for me. Was I ready to invest my feelings into a relationship that I knew would come to mean the world to me only to risk leaving him behind when Charlie and I left in a few months? Maybe I could talk Henry into coming with us but that would also be a huge step. The whole thing was confusing and I was making it a bigger deal than it was meant to be but I couldn't help it.

I liked Henry and he liked me. That had to be enough to try and see if we had a future between us. I could also get some good sex out of it and if not then it wasn't meant to be, though I really wanted us to work out. I liked him enough to give us a try so with that thought I got off the floor and started getting ready.

I had no idea what Henry had planned for our first date but my normal outfit of ripped jeans or booty shorts would not cut it. I wanted to remember our first date as a special one so I was going to dress to impress.

After doing my make up and styling my hair that I'd dyed maroon to start off the new year with I finally settled on an outfit. I rarely wore dresses or skirts but I wanted Henry to appreciate that I tried to look nice for him. I chose a short pink skirt with a matching cropped top and lace trimmed combat boots. I was not going to give up my whole sense of comfort so there's no way I was wearing heels.

After I was happy with my look, I gathered all my stuff and put it in a small cross body handbag. Henry texted me that he would be over in five minutes so I decided to check up on Charlie before I left. Robert had offered to watch him because Alex was sick and Jack had to work. I had been skeptical at first but I was trying to be more trusting since Robert had proven to be a straight up guy so far.

I found them in the living room watching Spiderman Far From Home. That definitely had to be Charlie's choice since Robert seemed more of a Peeky Blinders movie type of guy.

"You look pretty."Charlie complimented as soon as he saw me.

"Thanks bud. I'm about to leave do you need anything before I go?"I asked.

"Nope. I'm good."He replied.

"We're okay. I promise to take good care of him and make sure he doesn't stay up too late."Robert assured me.

I'd already fed Charlie and showered him so Robert had the easy part of putting him to bed.

"Okay but call me incase of anything."I requested still fearful of the whole thing.

"I hope it doesn't come to that but I will call you if anything happens. Now go have fun and take care of yourself. If you need a way out call me and I'll be there."Robert answered.

It was weird hearing him say all that but I let it pass. It was good to know that he had my back even if I didn't want to rely on him much.

There was a knock on the door that alerted me of Henry's arrival. I kissed Charlie's forehead hoping I wasn't making a mistake leaving him behind with Robert before I grabbed my jacket and waved goodbye. I was just glad Robert didn't try to play the threatening dad role, that would have been too much.