Chapter Fifteen

HENRY'S POV

The week passed by really fast and before I knew it, it was already Saturday again. A few factors like helping out at the arcade, my brother staying out of my way and my parents being out of town helped the time fly by which I was grateful for. After Willow, who would still not admit to it, stabbed my brother with a pencil it had mellowed him down. He still made me do his homework but that was it; he didn't throw any snide comments my way or rough me up. What Willow had done to him had really put him in line.

I couldn't thank her because she probably hadn't done it for me but I was still grateful. I knew from the moment I met her that she was a badass and everytime I saw my brothers injured hand it reminded me just how true that was. Matthew was sticking to the story of how he accidentally stabbed himself but I knew it was all bullshit. First of the wound was too deep to be self inflicted and second Matthew was the most well-coordinated person I knew so he couldn't have hurt himself. He would never admit to being hurt by a girl though so he always lied whenever someone asked.

"Where are you going?"My mom asked stopping me in my tracks.

"To the arcade."I replied thinking it would have been obvious by now where I went every day.

I had no idea that she and my dad were already back from their trip to God knows where. I didn't care anyway because them being around or not didn't really affect me that much.

"Not today you're not."My mom countered.

It was Saturday afternoon and I'd spent all morning working on my assignments and coding so yes I was going to the arcade. I'd earned myself a few hours of nonstop gaming.

"Yes I am."I insisted.

My mother never really cared if I went to the arcade or not, she was actually always glad when I was out of the house so her insisting that I stay was a shock.

"You're staying here. We have a few guests coming over and we need to be here as a family so go back upstairs. I need you here when they arrive and not at that damned arcade."My mother instructed and I felt like screaming out loud in frustration.

"But mom..."I lamented hating how I lame I sounded.

"No buts, upstairs now and don't you dare sneak out. Make sure to wear something presentable. Party begins in three hours."My mom insisted.

"I can go to the arcade and be back by then."I pleaded.

"I already said no so go up to your room now and don't leave until I call for you."She screeched and I knew there was no need to fight her.

She had won that round of the battle.

Turning around I walked back up the stairs running into Matthew who was smirking at me. He had probably heard the whole conversation. I pushed past him and rushed to my room slamming the door before I locked it behind me. I hated it when my mom forced me to attend her pretentious parties but I never really had a choice. Since there was nothing I could do to get out of attending the party, I put my headphones back on and got back to working on designing my game.

Three hours later my mom sent one of the maids to call me down so I saved all the work I'd done and got dressed. I didn't want to make my mom any angrier than she already was so I changed into a black full neck sweater and black jeans. It was a casual look but still classy enough to fit in in with her esteemed guests.

When I walked downstairs the house had been transformed to host a full-blown party. I knew most of the people in attendance as they were all of my parents elite friends, people I'd known my whole life. I had no idea what the party was about because of how often they happened. The rich circle in Crescent was always looking for any lame excuse to party and my mom loved playing host. I hated parties but my mom liked faking that we were a perfect family so I was always forced to attend and play nice.