Chapter Eight

WILLOW'S POV

I slammed my lunch box on the table and the poor boy nearly jumped out of his skin. His eyes widened when he saw me and he slowly took off his headphones. I took a seat opposite him without waiting for an invitation making myself comfortable. Everyone was seated in groups like every high school cliche except for him. Seems like Matthias really was a mystery. How could his brother be so famous and him the exact opposite? They were literally the same person, one was just a prick and other other... Well I wasn't quite sure about Matthias yet.

"Sorry to interrupt, all other tables were full."I excused lamely.

I hadn't bothered checking but I was sure that if I had checked I would have found some space. Matthew would have even made space for me in the popular table if I asked. But I would have rather eaten outside than sit with him and his dumb friends.

Matthias didn't say anything, just stared at me without blinking so I snapped my fingers over his face to get his attention. His blinked rapidly before looking down at his food. Was he ignoring me or just shy?

"I need to talk to you."I said hoping to get his attention.

He continued assuming my presence and it irked me. Why was he ignoring me? I just wanted to apologize and if he didn't want to keep talking after that then I was fine with it. We didn't even have to be friends as long as I got to say sorry. I didn't do well with guilt and at the moment I was feeling guilty for snapping at him when I thought he was his twin.

"Matthias can you hear me?"I asked.

When I called his name, he clenched his plastic fork so hard it snapped into two.

"Don't call me that."He gritted out.

His voice was deep and sultry especially when he talked like that. How could his name make him angry?

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you but your name is Matthias right?"I asked hoping I hadn't gotten it wrong.

He finally looked up to meet my gaze and the color of his eyes got to me. I hadn't gotten a chance to look at them properly but his were an electric blue color while his brothers eyes were a sky blue.

"It is but I prefer Henry."He replied addressing me directly.

"Henry?"I asked confused.

"Second name."He explained shortly.

Looks like Matthias, sorry Henry was much more of a rebel that I thought. He didn't want to be associated with his brother so he had dropped the first name that matched his brothers. He was a puzzle but I wasn't there to piece him together though. I just wanted to get my apology over and done with so I could clear my conscience.

"Sorry, Henry. I'm here because I wanted to apologize for being rude to you that day at the arcade. I mistook you for your brother thus my harsh words. I'm sorry."I expressed.

Instead of a thank you for my apology or at least an acknowledgement of my words he just stared at me for a few seconds before turning back to his food. He went back to ignoring me once again.

"Did you hear a word of what I said?"I asked and all I got back was silence.

I started getting angry so before I said something I'd regret I gathered up my stuff and got up to leave. Looks like I had to look for some place else to have my lunch.

"You know I actually thought for a second that you were different from your brother but you and him are one and the same."I spat turning on my heel and leaving him be.

So much for leaving before I said something I'd regret. I didn't regret it though, Henry might not have wanted to be called Matthias but changing his name didn't make him different from his brother. They were both pricks.