Chapter Twenty Two

WILLOW'S POV

For the first time in forever Charlie actually woke up before me. Someone was definitely excited to be spend all weekend at the water park. I was happy too but the six hour drive to Texas was going to be a bitch especially with two rowdy eight year olds in the back seat.

Alex's mom had not been hard to convince considering how much she loved Charlie. The two best friends were getting really close and I was scared it would be hard for Charlie to leave Alex behind when the time came but he'd get over it. I would not dwell on that and would cross that bridge when we got to it.

We were leaving super early in the morning so as to arrive early and enjoy as much of the place as we could. It would have been easier to fly there but Charlie hated flying so we stuck to driving.

After making sure that we had everything we needed I packed Charlie up in the backseat and texted Henry to meet us in front of his house. Henry was already there when I pulled up so he put his bag in the truck bed before getting into the passengers seat.

"Good morning."He greeted.

"Morning."I mumbled sipping on my coffee.

"Good morning Henry."Charlie cheered in the backseat.

"At least one of you is happy to see me."Henry retorted earning an eye roll from me.

"Charlie are you excited for your birthday?"Henry asked ignoring me and my foul mood.

I just needed coffee in my system to wake up then I'd be as cheery as they needed me to be.

"Yes."Charlie replied unable to hide his excitement.

I drove towards Alex's house to pick him up since his mom insisted on talking to me before we left. I left Charlie and Henry in the car before walking up the steps to Alex's house. It was a beautiful two storey house coated with a warm yellow paint, it had a white picket fence and a well maintained garden.

I knocked on the door and it was opened two seconds later by Alex himself.

"Hi, Alex. Are you ready for our trip?"I asked holding my arm out for a fist bump.

"Yes."He grinned.

Alex was a cute kid with brown curly hair, gray eyes, soft baby features and the most adorable smile, after Charlie of course.

His mom was right behind him holding his suitcase and backpack. We would only be gone for three days but I'd not argue with her about over packing.

"Hi, Beth."I greeted politely.

"Morning Willow. Are you all ready for the trip?"She inquired.

"Yes we definitely are, it's going to be so much fun for all of us."I assured her.

"Okay I trust you to take care of my boy. Don't let him have too much sugar and you have my number so please call me incase of anything. There's a list of Alex's allergies in his bag but I've packed a couple of EpiPen's just in case."She explained.

"Beth I've got this. It's not my first time with the boys, they will be okay. I'm a safe driver and Henry is really good with kids. Trust me to take care of your son. I will bring him back in one piece."I assured her.

"I do trust you. Okay, no more mama bear demands, drive safe and have fun. Update me always."She requested.

"I will."I replied.

She bent over to kiss Alex goodbye"You be a good boy for Willow and have fun with Charlie alright?"

"Yes mom. I love you."Alex answered.