Chapter Thirty Four

WILLOW'S POV

Working Saturday shifts took much more energy than my after school shifts. There were more customers which meant more accidents, too many unruly teenagers and a lot of patience from me and Jack. It was all worth it though because I got to see Jack's happy face when he saw business booming.

Henry usually kept me company on most Saturday's but he had to travel to the city for a meeting concerning the game he had been working on. He wanted to sell it that's why he was meeting with an interested buyer. I was so proud of him and hoped that he would get the credit he deserved for working so hard. Charlie had spent Friday night with Alex but he was being dropped of at the arcade in a few hours because we had a date to go watch Black Widow at the theatre. We'd already watched it at home but we were yet to see it in 3d and Charlie had been excited about it all week.

"We should start selling coffee."I suggested to Jack as I dumped myself on the chair behind the counter.

"You'll probably drink it all so no."Jack replied serving a customer.

"Not all the time, just days like today when everyone is damn set in testing my patience. Like this one kid, there's a clear sign on the bathrooms that says which is for girls and which is for boys but he keeps going to the girls bathroom to scare them off. I swear to God if you weren't such a good boss days like today would have already made me quit."I groaned running a tired hand through my hair.

"First of all I will take the being a good boss as a well deserved compliment and second go easy on yourself and these kids. You were their age once too."Jack reasoned.

"I was very responsible at that age. Charlie was still a baby and my mom wouldn't take responsibility of us so I had to step up."I huffed.

"All these kids are spoilt and born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Just be patient with them and it will be fine."Jack consoled.

Before I could reply my phone rang in my back pocket so I retrieved it. It was a new number and I normally ignored those but I needed an excuse to stop talking to Jack to I picked it up.

"Hello."I mumbled stifling a yawn.

"Good afternoon, am I talking to a Willow Cooper?"The strange male voice asked.

"Yes this is she."I replied skeptically.

I really hoped they weren't asking me to take a survey or something because they would piss me off more than Jack and his stupid customers were.

"My name is Daniel, I'm a nurse at Crescent Pediatric Hospital. You've been listed as the emergency contact to one Charles Brown...."He started but I cut the poor man off before he could finish.

The mention of Charlie's name had me jumping to my feet, all previous fatigue forgotten as my heart nearly leapt out of my chest.

"Is he okay? What happened?"I rambled surprised that I could actually talk.

My mind was already running crazy scenario's about Charlie. What if he was badly hurt? Had he broken a leg? An arm? Or worse what if he was dead?

Jack looked at me questioningly but I didn't have any answers for him.

"I'm sorry to inform you but he was in an accident and is currently in the ICU."The nurse informed me.

I didn't need to hear anymore from him. I hung up the phone quickly and grabbed my keys and jacket from the hooks next to Jack.

"Willow what's going on?"Jack asked looking alarmed.

"Charlie is in the ICU."I sobbed unable to hide the fear in my voice.