Chapter Twenty One

WILLOW'S POV

Charlie won the science fair. He got second place because first place went to some kid who invented his own smart sneakers or something. Charlie didn't care about not coming first though, the smile on his face as he hugged his trophy was more than enough proof of his happiness.

"So Charlie since you won where do you want to go for dinner to celebrate?"I asked as we walked to the car.

"Don't we get to choose, it was our project after all."Henry lamented next to me.

Henry had come with me to the science fair to support Charlie. Jack had wanted to be there but Friday night was a busy day at the arcade so we asked him to stay back. I was happy to have Henry by my side, his support was most appreciated.

"You'll get to choose next time."I grinned patting his back comfortingly.

He pouted but didn't argue with me after that.

"Have you decided bud?"I asked.

"I want tacos."Charlie announced with a grin.

"Tacos it is."I replied as we got to the car.

I unlocked it and helped Charlie to his seat buckling him in. When I turned to get his wheelchair I found that Henry had already folded it and put it in the bed of the truck. I hadn't even taught him how to do that so it warmed my heart that he had learned just for me.

"Thank you."I expressed with a smile.

"You're welcome."He replied.

I got into the driver's seat while Henry got into the passengers seat next to me. I backed out of the parking lot before merging with traffic and driving to town for dinner.

Charlie and Henry soon got engaged in a conversation about all the projects that had been at the fair. I was only half listening chipping in when needed.

I looked at Henry from the corner of my eye and smiled to myself when I saw how happy he looked talking to Charlie. We had gotten significantly closer as the days went on because I actually enjoyed getting to know him better.

Our conversation at the arcade kept replaying in my head over and over. It was nice to know that Henry was straight and that he actually liked me. It meant that my attraction towards him was reciprocated. I wasn't going to act upon it but it was good to know he liked me too. I had also opened up to him about my family and my aversion to white men. Instead of trying to talk me out of it, Henry just held me as I cried. I'd never had a friend like him who didn't judge me or want something from me before so I was was not going to ruin what we had by adding romantic feelings into the mix. We were good as we were without complicating things by dating.

We arrived at the Mexican restaurant in town and got in immediately finding a table. Charlie sat next to me while Henry took the seat opposite me. The waitress who came to serve us was nice so we all ordered the tacos we wanted and our drinks.

"Are any of you allergic to anything?"The waitress asked.

"Sea food for Charlie, nuts for me and you Henry?"I inquired posing the question to him.

"Nuts and watermelon."He replied.

"Okay noted, thank you. Your food will be served shortly."The waitress replied before walking away.

"How can you be allergic to watermelon? Who is allergic to fruit?"I teased as I helped Charlie with the coloring paper provided by the restaurant.

"Don't joke about that, I almost died when I was three."Henry answered.

"I'm sorry, I've just never met anyone allergic to fruit before but I'm glad you didn't die. It would've robbed me the opportunity of making fun of you. Seriously fruit?"I jabbed making Henry groan.