Chapter Forty Seven

WILLOW'S POV

Goodbyes were hard but they were necessary at times. For the three of us, we needed to leave so we could figure out the rest of our lives on our own terms. We stood in front of the house with Jack and Hannah as they wished us well. Everything we needed was packed and loaded in the RV while all our other stuff was packed carefully and in boxes in the garage. They would be shipped to us as soon as we settled down in a year or we'd ask Jack to donate them if we didn't need them anymore.

"You kids be careful, look out for each other and this will always be your home so if it gets too tough out there, please come back."Jack instructed.

"We will Jack and thank you for all that you've done for us. We seriously would not have survived living in Crescent without your help."Henry responded hugging him.

"Hannah please update us on everything about the baby, we wanna be here for the birth."I requested.

"I will, take care of yourselves please."She replied with a sniff.

We all shared individual hugs before we had one last group hug and a prayer from Hannah. Just as we were about to board the RV, someone called out to Henry stopping us. We all turned out attention to Matthew who was hobbling towards us looking like he had been ran over by a truck. Henry really had done a number on him.

"Charlie why don't you get in and start setting up your game."I suggested wanting to get him out of the way.

Charlie nodded before getting into the RV quickly. I had no idea what Matthew wanted and I was not ready to tell my brother that he was responsible for the accident. I would tell him later but only when he was older and mature enough to understand why I hadn't reported Matthew. Jack and Hannah already knew so they took protective stances next to us as we all faced Matthew. Henry put his arm around me and pulled me against him protectively shielding me from his brother. I was feeling sour about what Matthew had told us so I had no idea why he thought it was a good idea to be talking to us.

"I don't want any trouble I just wanted to say a proper goodbye."Matthew explained as soon as he got to us.

"I should cut you up and scatter you in the lake for what you did but Willow is a better human than me so she forced us to let it go. But if I ever hear anything negative about you in this town, I will make you pay young man for all your past sins and the present ones."Jack gritted out looking ready to pounce.

"Calm down love but he's right Matthew, you should be ashamed of yourself for what you did. Only God can forgive you now."Hannah said giving Matthew a disappointed look.

"Look guys I'm sorry for what I did, I will probably never forgive myself but I will live the rest of my life trying to make up for my sins and all the damage I've caused. Before you leave I just wanted to apologize. Willow I'm sorry for all those times I made inappropriate jokes at you or when I tried to force myself into your life. You chose the better twin and I should have respected that I'm sorry."Matthew expressed looking at me with sorrowful.

"Henry an apology won't undo all my bullying, harsh words, insults or physical abuse but an apology is all I have right now. I am so sorry for being such a dick to you all these years. You deserved a better older brother but you got me who made your life a living hell and for that I am sorry. Believe it or not I've been jealous of you all our lives because of the fact that you were able to detangle yourself from our family's web of lies and deceit to live your own life. You're braver and stronger than me for that and I'm sorry that instead of trying to be like you and live my own life, I made yours miserable because in my own twisted way if I couldn't be happy neither could you. I hope you two find the happiness you're looking for out there."Matthew said and I looked at Henry waiting for his reaction.